Run lisp in my drawing without opening them

siyadaliek

I'd recommend using a script to print all your drawings by using a Windows .bat file or use the Scriptpro program from AutoDesk. BTW...it's "lisp" not lips.

For simple printing while in a drawing, a simple lisp tailored to each plotting process needed could be efficient. However, for batch printing from a drive/folder, I recommend lees Script Writer, I use it quite often. Very handy and user friendly! Thanks again Lee!

However, for batch printing from a drive/folder, I recommend lees Script Writer, I use it quite often. Very handy and user friendly! Thanks again Lee!

I'm delighted to hear that you find it so useful!

I had 128 dwg's some with multiple layouts produced 148 pdf's took around 4 secs to do each one using a script that opened the dwg, loaded plot lisp then closes. Yes they were very simple dwgs. Like others Lee helped me with a very simple fix to my script.

• 4 years later...

Are you able to post your solution please? I want an alternative to PUBLISH as I need to be able to plot a lot of drawings to PDF without having to deal with the inefficiencies of PUBLISH.

My problem is that the only solution I've found thus far is a simple plot script that targets individually named layouts - which doesn't work when you have:

1. Multiple drawings with unique layout names.
  2. Multiple layouts within each drawing.

It has so far been a bit difficult to find a script / LISP solution, more-so to find a solution that doesn't involve opening drawings!

I have a company based application that allows for Scripts to run without opening drawings, but nothing for LISP routines - provided the solution I may end up finding is LISP based!

Edited by vorno

Ok you need to look at Aeccoreconsole it will run without opening drawings.

The attached code is for plotting a range of layouts in a dwg so would suit your needs, it would need to be changed slightly to accept the layout range from a script etc. Edit the following.

(defun AH:pltlays (numlay numend / lay)
(SETVAR "PDMODE" 0)

(setvar "fillmode" 1)
(setvar "textfill" 1)

(setq alllays (vla-get-Layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))))
(setq count (vla-get-count alllays))
;(if (not AH:getvalsm)(load "Multi Getvals.lsp"))
;(setq vals (AH:getvalsm  (list "Enter plot range" "Enter start tab number" 6 4 "1" "Enter end tab number" 6 4 (RTOS COUNT 2 0))))

;(setq numlay (atoi (nth 0 vals)))
;(setq numend (atoi (nth 1 vals)))

Ok so a typical Aeccoreconsole is ran from a batch file 

:: Path to AutoCAD core console
set accoreexe="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\accoreconsole.exe"

:: Path to the script to run
set script="C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\TESTER\tester2.scr"

%accoreexe% /i C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\IPAD\TESTER\TEST1.dwg /s %script%
%accoreexe% /i C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\IPAD\TESTER\TEST2.dwg /s %script%
%accoreexe% /i C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\IPAD\TESTER\TEST3.dwg /s %script%
%accoreexe% /i C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\IPAD\TESTER\TEST4.dwg /s %script%
%accoreexe% /i C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\IPAD\TESTER\TEST5.dwg /s %script%

The script file would be

(load "plotpdfrange")
(AH:pltlays  1 100)

plotA3Pdfrange.lsp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - I will have to experiment with this and see what I can get to work! So far I seem to need admin permissions to even open Aeccoreconsole - so will see what my work IT can do to accommodate me!

BIGAL, I don't think that will work with AcCoreConsole. You have vlax commands in the LISP you are trying to call. As far as I know, most ActiveX commands won't work in Core Console unless they are outside of Acad environment, like file system commands (vl-file-delete, etc).

For Core Console, you have to use pure AutoCAD commands or LISP commands. Might be able to import them though? I've not tried it. https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/32196-pasting-code/?tab=comments#comment-262036