Noob help: Creating and dimensioning arcs

KendiKong

What is the correct syntax for creating a shape that has an arched side. I will be using getpoint for getting the coordinates of the corners. I want to create the arc using a 3 point arc command and the whole shape should be joined as one.

I tried the "pline" command, and then doing "arc", but it uses 2 point and radius instead of 3 point.

And the other thing is, once I get this shape by drawing lines from the coordinates that I picked on the screen, how do I dimension the arc? I do not want to use ssget because that requires me to click the arc. I want my code to save me the trouble of clicking any more than I need to. I tried to use command dimradius and then specifying a coordinate on my arch, but the problem is, its not exact and autocad cannot find the arch.

Yes, but how do I define my arc, if I cannot specify the arc by coordinates.

Hi picture tells thousands words, post an image or drawing

My first glance i thought was something different (dimangular etc.. seems out of topic lol)

Draw the arc seperate and then pedit and join...

1+

Edited by hanhphuc

OK. For instance something like this example

8gn5hfN.png

, my code offsets a shape outward, and now I just need to dimension the radius of the cyan arc. How would I even point to the arcs location.

I have tried using explode on my shape, and then using

(setq arcselect (ssget "b" pointa pointb))

and being a noob, I cant even get this to work for some reason. I tried "w" as well and making the selection rectangle enclose the entire arc, and it still doesnt work.

I hate being stuck on something that seems so simple.

Go back to your other post where the answer was posted make it a pline and use lee-macs pline routine to get the properties that you can use to create the dimensions via a lisp.

Have a look at last page of this post http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?27634-Auto-dimesioning-polyline/page9

If you are referring to polyline information program, that does not really best solve my problem. Like i said my code is designed to perform offset and dimensioning using only the input of the original shapes coordinates and nothing else. All I would need right now is to figure out how autocad can select my offsetted arc properly.