How to convert pdf to dwg in Autodesk Design Review

macareewall

Guest Xenophon

trinna reverse engineer because you don't have the original drawings huh ;)

jk

i don't think that is a option. but you can use Photoshop to import save as a image and imagereference or pictureframe it or you could import the vectors to a full function 25 save demo rhino but you will loose the hatch and line weights and layers.

i do this very often to make blocks from spec books and plans there is no original to be found.

Hello all! I am new to Autodesk Design Review, is there any way to convert pdf to dwg in Autodesk Design Review.

Thanks....

not dwg but dwf can be created from pdf simply by choosing dwf writer as printer in print dialoguebox. and dwf can be opened in design review, so you cna markup/comment on it.

not dwg but dwf can be created from pdf simply by choosing dwf writer as printer in print dialoguebox. and dwf can be opened in design review, so you cna markup/comment on it.

Yes, I got you're point...we actually have the same thing in mind, but my client used to be able to convert pdfs to dwg or dwf files and do take offs. he downloaded auto review agian but didn't have that function.

I gues he might install plug-ins.

trinna reverse engineer because you don't have the original drawings huh ;)

jk

i don't think that is a option. but you can use Photoshop to import save as a image and imagereference or pictureframe it or you could import the vectors to a full function 25 save demo rhino but you will loose the hatch and line weights and layers.

i do this very often to make blocks from spec books and plans there is no original to be found.

Thank you for reply,:(but my clilent do not have Photoshop and he said this software is too expensive.

to covert pdf to dwf you can open pdf file normal way (in any pdf software) & go to print & use dwf writer as printer so it will creat dwf file. and than you can open it in design review.

for other options have a look at this thread

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30816

Is there any converter which can convert pdf to dwg?

yes,

did you look at the thread i mentioned in previous post

:) Appreciate your help... thanks, i looked at your thread you mentioned in previous post,then i tried pdf2dwg and autodwg pdf to dwg converter, the second one is better.

Google "pdf2dxf", there are many.

I use (and sell) one from AideCAD.

Thank you, I've tried but when some PDFs contains images, it hung up; and also why the lines are all red, mine lines in PDFs are mostly black.

• 1 year later...