DCL File alternative Location

Efeezy

I don't have admin rights on my work computer so I can't put the DCL file in the support folder. Is there another way Autocad can access or find the DCL folder in another location? If so can someone walk me though the steps? I have spent a few hours on google and came up with nothing :surrender:

I am not sure what to do. I saved it on there server F:\CAD Admin\Arch Tools\Scripts. This is the location of the LISP and DCL files on our server. I also checked the tool/ options/ support file search path =F:\CAD Admin\Arch Tools\Scripts. I am still getting a load error

Use (getvar "SAVEFILEPATH")

In my CT routine you can find example in the CT_init section

(defun CT_Init ()
 (vl-load-com)
 (setq CT-DclName (strcat (getvar "SAVEFILEPATH") "CT.dcl"))
 (ct_write_dialog)
 (setq CT-Dcl (load_dialog CT-DclName))
 (setq CT-IniFileName (strcat (getvar "SAVEFILEPATH") "CT.ini"))
 (defun CT_Error (s)(princ s)(setq *error* CT-OldError)(CT_Exit)(princ))
 (setq CT-OldError *error* *error* CT_Error)
 (CT_MakeIniSettings)(CT_ReadIniSettings)(CT_ReadLastDataFile)
)

Our IT guy here tries to lock almost anything and after years of 'battle' , this (savefilepath) is the only thing he hasn't been able to disable ;-)

gr.Rlx

Edited by rlx

I don't have admin rights on my work computer so I can't put the DCL file in the support folder. Is there another way Autocad can access or find the DCL folder in another location? If so can someone walk me though the steps? I have spent a few hours on google and came up with nothing :surrender:

And if you really want to be bad , just make your own profile via the options command. There you can set your own paths. Also , if you can place one of your own folders at the top of the searchfilepath , you could then place there your own acad.lsp.

I did all of the above , yes , I'm bad , a bad bad dragon:twisted:

ps if your administrator has 'unwilling' profile : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Start-AutoCAD-with-different-profiles.html

Gr. Rlx

Edited by rlx

I am not sure what to do. I saved it on there server F:\CAD Admin\Arch Tools\Scripts. This is the location of the LISP and DCL files on our server. I also checked the tool/ options/ support file search path =F:\CAD Admin\Arch Tools\Scripts. I am still getting a load error

Does your code specify a full path in the load_dialog expression, or just a filename?

You may need to add a findfile expression to the code, as findfile will search the working directory, whereas I believe the load_dialog function will only search the AutoCAD support file search paths.

Could you post the section of code which locates & loads the dialog?