how can we automate

guntis

We are looking for custom autocad lisp or autocad plugin or something.

Our work routine is:

1/ place objects in autocad (one object = block +another block + hatch + leader)

2/ export list of numbers taken from leader value

3/ add data to list in excel

4/ edit in the same data in autocad representing data that is in excel (scale for blocks, color for hatch) // this is the part we would like to automate.

I'll just whip it up for you while I have this coffee.

Seriously eveything you have asked for has been done before you need to work out how to search for the answers to your questions. Get the answer to Q1 then move onto Q2 and so on.

Use Google or start searching here INSERT LEADER

We can do steps 1/ threw 3/

Step 4/ is one we want to automate.

4/ edit in the same data in autocad representing data that is in excel (scale for blocks, color for hatch)
is the way we do it at the moment, but we would like to have some kind of script that takes values from excel and apply to corresponding blokes and hatches

If you search for some of the excel-autocad link via lisp code it can be fairly simple to work both ways you can get or put a cell value, like wise modify or retrieve info from a dwg.

Try www.JefferyPSanders.com as a start I have a version at home from some one else as well can not think of its name, I am sure others will supply some links for generic code.