Auto Trim & Extend LISP

eric_monceaux

I have a simple LISP routine that I use that creates two lines offset from a center line and puts them on a specific layer. One minor minor headache that I would love to have automated is after the creation of the lines is that they would trim and extend to the nearest object. Is something like that possible?

I have included a screenshot of the current output and desired output. Thanks in advance everyone!

(defun c:MJ8 (/ #Entlast)
 (setq #Entlast (entlast))

(command "_.mline" "_st" "Standard" "_s" 0.375 "_j" "_z")
 (while (> (getvar 'cmdactive) 0)
   (princ "\nSpecify next point: ")
   (command PAUSE)
 ) ;_ while

(and (not (eq #Entlast (entlast)))
      (or (tblsearch "layer" "03-JOINT") (alert "03-JOINT layer does not exist!"))
      (progn
        (command "_.change" (entlast) "" "_p" "_la" "03-JOINT" "")
        (command "_.explode" (entlast))
      ) ;_ progn
 ) ;_ and

(princ)
) ;_ defun

MJ8.jpg

This is a possible answer via lisp you pick the two cnr points you can then do a little window search and find the other 4 lines (ssget), now make your two lines but remember the two lines as objects (entlast) then its a case of trim/extend using the object collection. I do some auto multiple fillets so I know the method should work for trim also, sorry dont have code. Will see if I can find time if others do not do it first.

• Like 1