• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spursnutter

• MaxwellEdison

• ReMark

• shift1313

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The commands don't operate that differently from what I've seen. If you can't find them on the ribbon, the command line entry should still work.

loft is very simple to use. you just need multiple cross section you want to loft through. For example if you drew one circle 70mm dia and another that was 200mm away in the Z axis that was 100mm dia and used LOFT, you select these (in order, matters when you have more than 2) and you will have an object or surface(depending on the options you choose) that will go from the smaller circle to the larger. There are also guide curves you can use to modify how you want the loft to be performed.

Sweep is very helpful as well as you can create complex curves using spline and sweep your circle cross section along that "path".

I tried to read back through the post but i got a little lost. Did you figure out what you were asking? The first post mentioned using fillet, which will not work in this case as far as i know. If i were to draw that shape i would draw a path and sweep or extrude path. If you need a different radius inside and outside of the bend you can use sweep or loft and have guide curves(i cant remember if sweep allows guide curves at the moment).

loft is very simple to use. you just need multiple cross section you want to loft through. For example if you drew one circle 70mm dia and another that was 200mm away in the Z axis that was 100mm dia and used LOFT, you select these (in order, matters when you have more than 2) and you will have an object or surface(depending on the options you choose) that will go from the smaller circle to the larger. There are also guide curves you can use to modify how you want the loft to be performed.

Sweep is very helpful as well as you can create complex curves using spline and sweep your circle cross section along that "path".

I tried to read back through the post but i got a little lost. Did you figure out what you were asking? The first post mentioned using fillet, which will not work in this case as far as i know. If i were to draw that shape i would draw a path and sweep or extrude path. If you need a different radius inside and outside of the bend you can use sweep or loft and have guide curves(i cant remember if sweep allows guide curves at the moment).

Yes all I was asking if it was possible with the fillet tool. I really need to learn the loft tool.