Novelty Lisp Program

Hippe013

I have attached a novelty lisp program that uses object reactors to link several circles together into a snake type figure. The snake head is manipulated using grread.

The two main functions are 'Snake' and 'Snake2'.

Snake: Is just the original idea. (More circles)

Snake2: Is fewer circles but the circles can push the other circles around. (AutoCAD doesn't like it so much when I add too many circles to this one :oops:)

I hope that you enjoy!

regards,

Hippe013

Snake.LSP

Edited by Hippe013
Added (princ) per comment

Hippe013, what can I say... Awaysome... Both versions are simply fantastic... Only one thing, add (princ) at the end of lisp, it'll remove repeating of text as output... I must admit I don't use reactors too much, but this one is perfect...

Regards, all the best, M.R.

Thanks Marko! I had one co-worker say that it was a good stress reliever. I have to give kudos to Lee Mac as I was I inspired both by his Bored.lsp and his ingenious use of mapcar and lambda which I am now finally starting to understand and use more frequently.

Great idea Hippe - and thank you for the kudos, I'm delighted to have inspired you! :)

If you were looking for suggestions, I would personally avoid the use of reactors for this task, e.g.:

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] c:snake ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] c1 cl el gr p1 r1 r2 rl vs )
   ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p1 ([color=BLUE]getpoint[/color] [color=MAROON]"\nClick to generate the snake! "[/color]))
       ([color=BLUE]progn[/color]
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] vs ([color=BLUE]getvar[/color] 'viewsize)
                 r1 ([color=BLUE]/[/color] vs (LM:randrange 30 80))
           )
           ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] 20
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] el ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] -1 ([color=BLUE]entmakex[/color] ([color=BLUE]list[/color] '(0 . [color=MAROON]"CIRCLE"[/color]) ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 10 p1) ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 40 r1) ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 62 ([color=BLUE]logand[/color] (LM:randrange 2 255) ([color=BLUE]~[/color] 1)))))) el)
                     cl ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] p1 cl)
                     rl ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] r1 rl)
                     r2 ([color=BLUE]/[/color] vs (LM:randrange 30 80))
                     p1 ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] ([color=BLUE]-[/color] ([color=BLUE]car[/color] p1) r1 r2) ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] p1))
                     r1 r2
               )
           )
           ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] el ([color=BLUE]reverse[/color] el)
                 cl ([color=BLUE]reverse[/color] cl)
                 rl ([color=BLUE]reverse[/color] rl)
           )
           ([color=BLUE]while[/color] ([color=BLUE]=[/color] 5 ([color=BLUE]car[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] gr ([color=BLUE]grread[/color] [color=BLUE]t[/color] 13 0))))
               ([color=BLUE]entmod[/color] ([color=BLUE]list[/color] ([color=BLUE]car[/color] el) ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 10 ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] c1 ([color=BLUE]cadr[/color] gr)))))
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] cl
                   ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] c1
                       ([color=BLUE]mapcar[/color]
                          '([color=BLUE]lambda[/color] ( a b c d )
                               ([color=BLUE]entmod[/color] ([color=BLUE]list[/color] a ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 10 ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] c1 ([color=BLUE]polar[/color] c1 ([color=BLUE]angle[/color] c1 c) ([color=BLUE]+[/color] b d))))))
                               c1
                           )
                           ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] el) ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] rl) ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] cl) rl
                       )
                   )
               )
           )
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
)

[color=GREEN];; Rand  -  Lee Mac[/color]
[color=GREEN];; PRNG implementing a linear congruential generator with[/color]
[color=GREEN];; parameters derived from the book 'Numerical Recipes'[/color]

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] LM:rand ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] a c m )
   ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] m   4294967296.0
         a   1664525.0
         c   1013904223.0
         $xn ([color=BLUE]rem[/color] ([color=BLUE]+[/color] c ([color=BLUE]*[/color] a ([color=BLUE]cond[/color] ($xn) (([color=BLUE]getvar[/color] 'date))))) m)
   )
   ([color=BLUE]/[/color] $xn m)
)

[color=GREEN];; Random in Range  -  Lee Mac[/color]
[color=GREEN];; Returns a pseudo-random integral number in a given range (inclusive)[/color]

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] LM:randrange ( a b )
   ([color=BLUE]fix[/color] ([color=BLUE]+[/color] a ([color=BLUE]*[/color] (LM:rand) ([color=BLUE]-[/color] b a -1))))
)
([color=BLUE]princ[/color])

Nice creativity!! Good inspire!

i prefer realtime entmod which, however rarely see reactor example, good approach! Thank you guys for sharing!

Hippe & Lee you both deserve kudos :thumbsup: