Remove autocad educational stamp from all dwg in the folder

samifox

AutoCAD EDU plot stamp.jpg

This is what is currently posted at the AutoDesk website regarding the EDU plot stamp and AutoCAD 2015.

To see the full article click on this link.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Educational-Plot-Stamp-Removal-Issues.html

CAD users can scan drawings prior to opening them to see if they bear the EDU plot stamp using a program called EDU-Scan by ManuSoft.

EDU-Scan monitors access to external drawing files, and immediately warns when an educational product file is accessed. EDU-Scan provides a warning, and an opportunity to cancel the operation before it can result in contamination of additional files. A small icon in the AutoCAD status bar indicates whether the current drawing is infected, and the real-time monitor provides an immediate warning if any educational product content is accessed.

To read more on EDU-Scan and to download a shareware version of the program click on this link.

https://www.manusoft.com/software/eduscan.html

Note: I tested this program last year while running AutoCAD 2013 and it did work. There is nothing malicious about the program.

It's still unclear whether 2015 has the ability to remove the EDU file designator, or just the plotstamp. If the latter, then it will still be possible to detect persons/companies are using EDU versions illegally.

In my experience it will completely remove it and then not show or alert to it again. Tried it with 2015 LT.

It's still unclear whether 2015 has the ability to remove the EDU file designator, or just the plotstamp. If the latter, then it will still be possible to detect persons/companies are using EDU versions illegally.
I just ran a trial version of 2015 LT. It only removes the plot stamp. The drawings still open with the "EDU" version warning message in 2015 and in my 2009 version after 2015 modifies and saves it.

EDIT: What is different about my copy? Maybe some of the eairlier file versions retain the data differently. The EDU file I tested was from my own EDU version. I created the file back in 2007 with an EDU version of 2007.

I am correcting myself: The message does not come up in 2015 (after saving as 2015 file) , but it does still come up in 2009 version if I save back to 2007 version, but no plot stamp.

As far as i see. It was a mistake corrected in acad 2015. And soon acad will lunch a uility to batch remove stamp.

As far as i see. It was a mistake corrected in acad 2015. And soon acad will lunch a uility to batch remove stamp.

And version 2016 is going to be given away free, to stop this problem completely

And version 2016 is going to be given away free, to stop this problem completely

I heard through the grapevine that in the future, a Paid Subscription will mean just that,

that Autodesk will pay anybody willing to use it. :huh:

Whoops, no that must have been wrong! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

2015 so-on, native files created from ED version no matter what version of autocad you'll be using to open that file will remain ED version it doesnt change a thing. ED is for educational purpose not for production. (PERIOD)

LOL, you sound like a car thief that got a new Slim Jim for Christmas. Enjoy while you can... I personally hope they catch you and fine your company into bankruptcy for knowingly, willfully, and openly breeching the software license.

LOL, you sound like a car thief that got a new Slim Jim for Christmas. Enjoy while you can... I personally hope they catch you and fine your company into bankruptcy for knowingly, willfully, and openly breeching the software license.

you such an idiot nastly,

saying those kind of words without reading the entire post ,

find out with autodesk how many license we bought

we have bought more licences than we have employes!

Reminds me off the old Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse Dutch policemen sketch.

"Here in Holland we had a problem with burglary, so we legalized it. Now no problem" Imagine that in a comedy dutch accent though!

Hi

We receive too many dwg with the Remove autocad educational stamp, we use lots of tricks to get ride of this, but its time consuming.

Is there any too to batch Remove autocad educational stamp from all dwg in the folder?

Thanks

Shay

are these for production? if so tell the person who sent it that he should use a professional version if it is for commercial use.

We did it already but no one care no one admit. We r using paid version so that where my control ends

So what part is false?:

True or False: It's a violation of the Autodesk software license to use EDU produced content for commercial purposes.

True or False: You (your company) knowingly takes possession of drawings containing EDU produced content.

True or False: You (your company) uses "tricks" to remove the plotstamp that identifies the drawing as being produced by and Educational product or Educational purposes only.

What you're doing is receiving stolen merchandise then filing off the serial numbers. It makes no difference if you have one or many licenses. It's not OK to steal just because you pay "most" of the time.

True or False: It's a violation of the Autodesk software license to use EDU produced content for commercial purposes.

True or False: You (your company) knowingly takes possession of drawings containing EDU produced content.

True or False: You (your company) uses "tricks" to remove the plotstamp that identifies the drawing as being produced by and Educational product.

1. True.

I'm still trying to find out why Autodesk now freely gives users the ability to remove the EDU tattoo.

The only answer I've received so far is "The strategy to remove the educational plot stamp from all Autodesk products was to align the user experience for users in both the education and professional arenas"

What is there to stop a 20 user company from using 19 copies of EDU and only buying 1 commercial copy now?

find out with autodesk how many license we bought

I'd be happy to. Just give me your company name and I'll forward that information, and a link to this thread. to the Autodesk license compliance department.

....What is there to stop a 20 user company from using 19 copies of EDU and only buying 1 commercial copy now?

Exactly. I have to believe they have another anti-piracy technique in place that we don't know about yet. With increasing online/cloud integration, perhaps they're already putting markers in drawings that allow them to be traced to the license number uses to produce them?

I don't think it was a mistake but more a choice that had to be made to "fix" another "issue". I think we'll see more as time goes by.

I think that what we all need here is a definitive statment from AutoDESK as to why they have done this.

That bit about "..align the user experience.." is just corporate nothingspeak.

Has anyone managed to find anything official and recent yet?

Edited by nukecad

i already say that...and say it again,

the company we receive those EDU drawings from , is well known in my state,

i hardly believe they would compromise their integrity for that,

i already email them , and they laughed on me suspecting them using EDU versions,

i don’t know where they got involve with EDU version, but im sure it wasn’t in the office.

Autodesk understands that costumer with professional version needs to investigate the source of the files instead of investing in the design ,

that why they offer a way to remove the stamp

why its so hard to understand that people?

You treat me like someone that stole software and post “crack is needed”

I thought people here are smarter than that