Selection set with multiple nested objects

JamCAD

I have a difficult problem at the moment that I can't solve. Tried googling to no avail. I'm working on a lisp routine that requries selecting objects nested inside an xref (or block). I need the selection to behave like normal (window/crossing etc.) but pick up the nested objects rather than the block itself. I was beggining to think it was impossible but then I realised this is how the trim/extend command works... The question is how?

nentsel only allows picking of a single object at a time. And :N doesn't seem to be working for ssget.

Is this possible in LISP? If not is it possible in .NET or ObjectARX?

To my knowledge, neither AutoLISP nor Visual LISP offer an in-built way to allow the user to select multiple nested objects using a window/crossing selection, therefore, if you want to use this selection method in your program, you would need to create your own function to offer this functionality.

Tim Willey attempted to create such a function a few years ago which may be useful to you; or, to offer an alternative, I opted for using multiple single-object selection of nested objects in my Nested Move program.

Lee