Mini box beside cursor

grouch19

Hi all,

I've just installed AutoCAD Map 2015.

Does anyone know what the tiny box that appears near my cursor when i do a selection window is called? I'll upload a pic of it.

In particular I'd like to know how to get rid of it :)

Cheers

Dave

cursor.png

Autodesk calls them Cursor Badges, they're not entirely new, but they've been expanded in 2015 and they can't currently be disabled. The one in your screencap indicates that you're in the process of creating a Crossing Window. If you move to the right of the original pickpoint, the tiny blue dot will turn blue and move to the middle of the box indicating a Selection Window. Wholly unnecessary IMO because anyone that has used AutoCAD for more than 5 minutes already knows that a crossing window has a "dashed" boundary and a selection window boundary is "solid". In addition to windowing, there are also new "badges" for other commands like Move, Copy, Rotate, Scale etc, just in case you can't remember the command you started 0.5 seconds ago. :rolleyes:

Cursor Badges & Lasso.gif

Nestly like you say just remember after 5 mins
move mouse Left to right is within window, right to left is crossing do we really need a flashy button, how much did that cost Autodesk ? Did version 1.4 have left-right right-left 30 years ago ?

CP WP ?

Nice screen capture !!