Looking for help with this ortho drawing.

fishwater71

The front view is basically a rectangle that is 66x40. On the right side is a step 32x17. On the left side you'll have to account for the hole that has a diameter of 20. Use dashed lines to indicate that the hole is hidden from view. Should take less than a minute to do.

I would draw the top view first then use orthographic projection to do the front and side views. That technique was covered in class was it not?

An image of what you've done so far is sufficient. We don't need a copy of your DWG file.

Did you ever finish the slotted ellipse exercise? I did not see a final image posted.

This is what I have so far......file is attached.

I am having problems changing the linetype for centerline, etc. I am able to load the linetype, I try to use centerline, but just cant get it to work. Thanks again everyone.

simple ortho.dwg

Has your instructor covered the creation and use of layers?

You've made a couple of class newbie mistakes. The first is that you are putting everything on layer "0" which is the default layer then overriding settings such as color. The second is you are not taking advantage of layers. For example this drawing might have three layers called Object, Centerlines and Hidden. Can you guess what would go on each of these three layers? Each layer would also have a specific color and linetype associated with it so that when a line, for example, is drawn on the layer it would assume both the color and linetype that was assigned. Follow me?

Not exactly sure how to post just the image. Easier for me to just provide the file.

I got the slotted ellipse done. There was one spot she will deduct a few points for. Nice thing is she gives us the opportunity to fix the problem and turn it back in. At this point I am a little behind and just trying to get the drawings done and get caught up. I have quite a bit of time this week to work on this class thank goodness. This has been such a struggle that I tend to put it off. Stepping it up though and seem to get a little better with every drawing. Still very hard for me to grasp though.

She has gone over layers and even tried to help me with it......still dont really get it. I know how to create different layers, but not really how to use them. I do kinda understand the purpose, but unable to make the concept work for me.

Created a centerline layer and hidden layer. Tried to change the 0 layer to object layer, but unable to rename. Now I really have not much clue what I should do now with the different layers.

THANKS again Remark. Ever make it to Las Vegas I owe you a drink or 2.

See if this makes a little more sense. I'm not finishing it for you.

[ATTACH]47655[/ATTACH]

I am seeing what you did there. Created the different layers then assigned different colors to each layer and also line types.

Helps a lot.....thanks.

Layer "0" cannot be renamed. Create an Object layer and put all your geometry on it just like I did in the DWG I attached previously. Don't put anything on layer "0". Use that layer only for creating blocks.

I was in Vegas back in August. You should have bought me a drink then. lol