Need better multiline

Vigilante

I couldn't understand what you were talking about until I watched the video, It never did that to me but I never tried to increase the size I always stepped it down and worked perfectly , but thanks for the Lisp either way it's Cool !

• 1 month later...

ASMI,

I again hope you don't mind me modifying the Code you provided and reposting. Thanks so much for establishing the foundation Code.

But seems an even more versatile program, now with added elbow options.

Mitered - includes user defineable inside throat dimension.

Radiused - includes user defineable Centerline radius ratio

as a function of Radius divided by the Width or R/W.

Segmented - aka. gored - # of segments determined by elbow angle

and user defineable Centerline radius as above.

WPIPE[3].LSP

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ronso,

I found this WPIPE.LSP yesterday and I found it out to work fine. I wonder could it be possible to modify the lisp so that it either ask you the inner radius while command is active or it would be fixed. In my work I have to use constant inner radius R=100 (mm).

Regards,

Marko

Hi StykFacE

Nice that you answered to my question. I set a macro just like you wrote and tested it. It causes an error: "Error: bad argument type: 2D/3D point: nil". For example if I try to draw a duct width 500 (mm) I strart the macro and it specifies "New centerline r/w factor " a 100mm radius. Next the macro asks width and I give 500 and specify start point. After i decide to stop drawing and I hit "enter" the whole duct disappears and that error occurs. Using r/w factor (what it ever means?) 1 for example duct will be drawn but wrong radius.

I also tried Dpipe.lsp made by ASMI I guess. It worked fine too but there is the same problem than in wpipe.lsp which is radius something else than 100 mm.

Regards,

Marko

Marko,

The centerline r/w factor is the equivalant of the centerline radius divided by the width of the segment.

For a width of 500 and an inner radius of 100 :

The centerline radius would then be 350 which is solved 100+500/2.

The centerline r/w factor would then be 0.7 which is equal to 350/500.

For a width of 400 and an inner radius of 100 :

The centerline radius would then be 300 which is solved 100+400/2.

The centerline r/w factor would then be 0.75 which is equal to 300/400.

Hopefully this clarifies the prompt.

Ronso,

Thank you very much for your effort. Your post clarified the problem at once. I've already found this lisp very useful, now it will be easier.

By the way, I use the constant inner radius, would it be laborious to modify the script to use it (100 mm)? Or some other script?

But as I said, I'm satisified with existing script.

Regards,

Marko

Ronso,

I'm grateful for your helpfulness. The script works fine doing exactly what I wished it to do.

Thank you once again!

Regards,

Marko

• 1 month later...

i just found this lisp file i am new to these forums but have found it very usefull so far. I do have one problem and it could just be that im not using it right is there a way to make the transitions from one pipe size to another to be 15 degrees all the time? is it already possible or would that require more changes?

• 4 months later...

I use your Dpipe and it comes in handly, but when my other CAD operator tryed using the Dpipe, you can see it in the screen but as soon as you enter the duct work disappears?

You'll have to give some details on CAD version and stuff like that. Also maybe his keystrokes are different? In other words, instead of pressing Enter or Space or Esc, try other ways of exiting the command where it might not erase the command.

Is there a way to create a second lisp routine to be able to select the duct just created and make a branch-off and pause to select witch side to place the 45 degree and the VD “Volume Damper” symbol and continuous making duct.

Could you create a second lisp routine to create Branch-off?

It would be nice to have a complete set of duct lisp routines.

To select a existing duct just created using Dpipe.lsp and pause to allow you to select witch side to place the 45 degree and insert VD “Volume Damper” symbol and continuous making duct.

takeoff.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey I downloaded the Dline lisp and it works just great, that's the one I was talking about.

The only thing is, I wonder if there is a version where the corners are rounded instead of square. That would just be peachy!

Thanks

I have been messing around with Mlines for the past few days. I want the same thing you are talking about with the Arc. If you figure it out please let me know.

What I did was go to MLSTYLE, make a custom mline for a double line being a 4 inch pipe. Then on my macro I have it insert a block or a grooved 90 when I turn.

so I click, draw mline, click, it inserts the block, I rotate the 90 which way, then I have to start over, so every line I have to start over.

My only problem being the mline has to be exploded after I am done drawing my pipe so I can trim the excess.

If it automatically made an arc I wouldnt have to deal with that.

What I am trying to figure out is to, hmmm, how do I explain this, let me try.....

say I start out with a mline and start to draw it, when I click to end it, I want the end point to be 4 inches past the two lines.

So if I have a 4 inch grooved 90 there will be nothing sticking out past and I can keep on rolling. See the picture, you might get what im saying.

CAD question.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone pls help me....how can i retain the radius of the duct..i mean is everytime i make the elbows and after pressing enter,,,,the elbow got garbled like turning in to rectangles...

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if following can be done:

When using the wpipe4.lsp routine you can select either radius or mittered or segmented. I use segmented a lot.

Is there a way to get not only the round corners mittered but also the straight ends? Now i hatch 'em...

I cant find a way to draw the pipes and when finished it hatches the drawn pipes.

Any help is welcome.

wpipe4.LSP