How to draw hexagonal vase?

Zox

3D_HexVase1.JPG

My rather hasty attempt yielded this. Keep in mind I had no dimensions to work with. The vase is a figment of my imagination. Visual style: Conceptual.

I ended up creating a closed half-profile that I extruded using a hexagon as a path. This is just one way of doing it and not necessarily the best or fastest way. Please keep that in mind as other members suggest alternatives. Each user decides according to his/her own skills what method to use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46381[/ATTACH]

My rather hasty attempt yielded this. Keep in mind I had no dimensions to work with. The vase is a figment of my imagination. Visual style: Conceptual.

I ended up creating a closed half-profile that I extruded using a hexagon as a path. This is just one way of doing it and not necessarily the best or fastest way. Please keep that in mind as other members suggest alternatives. Each user decides according to his/her own skills what method to use.

Looks pretty good to me ReMark! :beer:

I would sweep only the outside wall as a surface body, sculpt and shell rather than going to all the trouble of drawing the wall thickness.

I would sweep only the outside wall as a surface body, sculpt and shell rather than going to all the trouble of drawing the wall thickness.

I would have thought thar ReMark just offset the single line profile and closed off the ends to get the profile to sweep. Seems the easiest way to me.

That's what I did Tyke.

JDM: I'm pretty sure the OP would have no idea what you are talking about (surface body/sculpt/shell). Be that as it may all suggestions welcomed. Anyone else?

JDM: I'm pretty sure the OP would have no idea what you are talking about (surface body/sculpt/shell). ...

That's what we are here for. :)

Now we can only sit back and wait for the OP to post what they have completed so far and ask additional questions.