• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ColinPearson

• ReMark

• steven-g

• tzframpton

Definitely advantageous!

@ninja style: The point marked 0,0,0 is just a convenient point in the master drawing that I've picked out.

@ReMark & steven-g: I've never liked the Navcube b/c it's extra stuff on the screen, but I may have to start using it. I didn't realize that the toolbar/menu command was different functionally.

Funny. I hate the NAVVCUBE and don't use it at all. I do it all from the command line and the UCS command.

I would personally just move everything, mark the spot that is supposed to be the origin, and then type UCS followed by W to get the UCS back to the world origin, draw a line and enter the coordinates 0,0 for the starting point, and for the second point pick the spot you had marked before, now select everything Ctrl + A and move it, pick the end of the line you just drew as the origin and for the second point pick the start of the line, then delete the line. Now everything is at the world ucs origin, do that for all the drawings with errors. That has got to be just as easy as setting up a named UCS each time, but with the advantage of having everthing based on the world UCS.

And it could be a good idea to set the UCSICON to Origin then you can see where 0,0 is and remember to put it back if you change it.

@ReMark: I use the command line quite a bit... I actually already tried the navcube and remembered why I don't like it and turned it back off :)

@steven-g: That works to make sure my objects are at the correct point in space, but as far as I can tell, the only way to fix the fact that my origin moves (due to the fact that the different Views are using differing UCSs), is by resetting the View to a temporary UCS that is identical to World.

I think there's order back in the world, but it may be a bit early on a Monday for that type of talk

I'm bother by the fact that the problem exists in more than one drawing which would lead me to believe your method of accessing different planes in your 3D drawings is somewhat suspect.

I think the problem is addressed in a simpler fashion by opening a new drawing, establishing a couple of reference lines then doing a copy/paste of all your 3D geometry into it as I did.

I think that it may have stemmed from changing the UCS and not changing back to World though I'm not sure why that seems to have only affected certain Views. The only reason I'm hesitant to copy everything to new drawings is that the Group Filters don't come with the geometry. Do you know of a way to get those to travel?

Yes, but there are no criteria for the layers that are "caught" by each filter. You just drag in the layers you want grouped together for whatever reason you want

Edited by ColinPearson