Hidden Lines will not plot as shown in Layout

derek193

I am currently using the visual style "Wireframe" and cannot seem to figure out why my lines won't plot out as dashed lines even though they are dashed in my layout. I have been playing around with my LTSCALE,PSLTSCALE but nothing seems to be working. Any Suggestions would be awesome.

Current Visual Style Setting (WireFrame):

Edge Settings: Facet Edges

Occluded Edges: Yes

Linetype:Dashed

Intersection:Yes

Silhouette Edges:Yes

Well I have a 2-D wireframe, 3-D wireframe and just a wireframe in my visual style manager. I am currently on just wireframe cause when I use 3-D wireframe it plots out really thick and awkward looking with no dashed lines. The wireframe visual style atleast plots out clear but just missing the dashed lines.

Yes that is exactly what I am trying to achieve. My layout shows that exactly but does not come out with dashed lines when I plot for some reason.

To whom are you addressing your comments?

On the off chance you were speaking to me I did a test plot of the 3D model I posted the image of. First plot resulted in no dashed lines being plotted. So I went back to my layout, made the viewport active, set the variable VSOBSCUREDEDGES to 1 and saved my drawing. Then I popped back into my layout and replotted. The second plot did have dashed lines.

Since you said the dashed lines do appear in your viewport then the problem must be what nestly alluded to previously.

My suggestion would be to upload and attach a drawing (DWG) file. If you have multiple 3D models in your current drawing erase all but one then do a "save as" under a different name. Purge the drawing to eliminate unreferenced entities and save it again. Attach this pared down drawing to your next post. Perhaps nestly or someone else here can take a look at it and figure out what is happening. I'd do it but I'm busy at the moment trying to help someone else with a structural drawing. Sorry.

So I just tried printing in model space and the dotted lines do appear then.

I definitely plotted from a layout. You should be able to do so as well.

• 9 years later...
On 10/1/2014 at 15:15, ReMark said:

VSObscuredEdgesOn.JPG

¿Es esta la apariencia que estás tratando de lograr?

Puedes diseñar la figura en modelado tridimensional