Loading a templates: Unknown error

WPerciful

This code:

(command "new" "S:\\CADCore\\Titleblocks\\Facilities A Model.dwt")

Gives me this error:

Unknown command "DWT". Press F1 for help.

Please help

Add your Template into the folder of templates then change the name of the template from the following code .

(vla-add (vla-get-documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) "acadiso.dwt") 

Which post you picked ? :D

I am working on a new drawing DCL. But before I took that on I decided that I would work on loading templates first. To do that I have made scripts that would load them, then a menu that would run the scripts. We keep our templates on the network drive.

new "S:\CADCore\Titleblocks\Facilities FS Model.dwt" 

Then I have a routine that can fill out the attributed values of the titleblock. But I had issues running the one routine right after the script. So I thought I’d switch over to just using autolisp/visp to open the new drawing and fill out the titleblock.

Your method for loading the templates seems to be more in-line with what I’m attempting to do. But I’d need to copy the templates to the user’s pc.

I tried using your code to load them from the shared drive, since it’s pathed in the options. But it didn’t seem to work for me. It would start a new drawing but there would be nothing in it.

• 8 years later...
On 1/7/2014 at 4:27 PM, Tharwat said:

Add your Template into the folder of templates then change the name of the template from the following code .

(vla-add (vla-get-documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) "acadiso.dwt") 

How do I evoke this with a command, rather than run on load.

I get an error when I add a defun

Example

(defun C:QNewNT ()

(vla-add (vla-get-documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) "xxx.dwt") 

You need to keep the name of the template the same or change it to the ones that are available in your AutoCAD and you can explore that once you invoke the new or qnew command.

You did miss one close bracket at the end of your example.

• Like 1

Example macro from the first location that sets you new drawing current once it's added:

^C^C^P(vla-activate (vla-Add (vla-get-Documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) (strcat "S:" (chr 92) "template" (chr 92) "Titleblocks" (chr 92) "Facilities A Model.dwt"))) 

Entering the same thing at the command line without ^C^C^P part does the same thing.

(vla-activate (vla-Add (vla-get-Documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) (strcat "S:" (chr 92) "template" (chr 92) "Titleblocks" (chr 92) "Facilities A Model.dwt"))) 

Like Tharwat said it's simpler if you add your Template into the default Template folder:

^C^C^P(vla-activate (vla-Add (vla-get-Documents (vlax-get-acad-object)) "Facilities A Model.dwt"))) 

• Like 1