Trying to Slice or seperate

Raygers

I'm trying to cut through the angled object on the underside of the curved object to cut it into 2 sections and remove the upper, so that I'm left with the upper curved deck covering the front object.

I've tried Slice and Separate and Subtract but I can't get what I want. Can anyone help me with this? I'm relatively new to AutoCAD.

Bow.jpg

The first thing is to make sure the cutting object extends the whole way to the edges, or through the object to be cut (X and Z directions in your screenshot). If it doesn't, either extend it so it does, or create a temporary object to cut the angled object

Assuming both objects are solids, you could use INTERFERE (keeping the "interference" object". Then SUBTRACT the interference object, then Separate. In the animation below, I've moved the curved "roof" out of the way after using INTERFERE to make the process more clear.

Interfere-Subtract-Separate.gif

Edited by nestly

My first thought would be to use a slightly longer arc that matches of the bottom of the yellow curved piece, extrude it to form a surface, then use that surface to slice away the portion of the tilted purple front section.

Assuming both objects are solids, you could use INTERFERE (keeping the "interference" object". Then SUBTRACT the interference object, then Separate.

Thank you, this worked great, I had to try a couple of times until I got it right :unsure:

My first thought would be to use a slightly longer arc that matches of the bottom of the yellow curved piece, extrude it to form a surface, then use that surface to slice away the portion of the tilted purple front section.

Thanks ReMark, I had tried Slice but the only option I could get to work was 3 points, but now I see I should have created a surface instead of trying to pick the yellow solid.

I'm getting there, bit by bit. :D