Paste Mtext on Paperspace won't work. AutoCad 2010

I have a quick question, I tried to copy some mtext from a different Paperspace and pasted into new drawing (on paperspace) but no text appear while all the layers are turned on. Below pic ask for specific insertiong point, i just specified on the screen but won't work. I opened new blank autocad drawing and tried to paste on paper space now it works. Any body please sugguest.

TEXT PSSPACE.JPG

When you do a copy/paste do you specify a basepoint? Yes or no?

ReMark, what i did was i copied Mtext from other drawing i did highlight the text Ctlr + C (also did copy with basepoint) and to the other drawing PSspace and did Ctlr+V (and also did right click PASTE), nothing show up, i also specified insertiion point 0,0 or on the screen nothing show up either. but i opened blank autocad and pasted in new CAD then it works.

Can you post the .dwg?

SLW210 this is not my personal drawing, it would be against the company policy. To work around this i can alway create new Mtext. Thanks so much for willing to help out.

i did zoom extents, still can't find the Mtext
Did your 'zoom extents' change the size of your paperspace view, meaning did it zoom out beyond the limits of your paperspace objects? Perchance, was your viewport open/current when you pasted, causing the text to land at 0,0 in modelspace?

Did your 'zoom extents' change the size of your paperspace view, meaning did it zoom out beyond the limits of your paperspace objects? Perchance, was your viewport open/current when you pasted, causing the text to land at 0,0 in modelspace?
when i did zoom extents it changed size of the paper. My viewport is open and current, and i made sure i am on PS space when i pasted in because i don't want my Mtext on Model.

Was the drawing at any point saved in 2007 file format?

i think this drawing might have been created originally in earlier version of Autocad before 2010 since it was old drawing (size 13MB) but i didn't know for sure, when i stepped in this job we are using 2010 autocad. I used to copy and pasted text to Paperspace all time but only have issue with this one.

Edited by Sengna

We need a slimmed down version of the drawing to test. Erase everything but leave just the title block and border. Do not purge or audit the drawing then do a "save as" under a new name. Attach this new drawing to your next post.

If the text your copying is annotative then you might have really small text in your paperspace. Create a new layer just for your text that you are trying to paste and turn off all the other layers then paste and see what happens. If you can't see the text, then do a zoom extents. If you still can't see the text then I don't know what else you can do other than type the text. I had this problem before but my text was really really small because it was annotative and the scale was a small scale for some reason. When I tried to do a zoom extents the program would zoom for all the objects not just the text. Also are you creating a text box to paste in or are you just trying to paste without the MTEXT command active?

If the text your copying is annotative then you might have really small text in your paperspace. Create a new layer just for your text that you are trying to paste and turn off all the other layers then paste and see what happens. If you can't see the text, then do a zoom extents. If you still can't see the text then I don't know what else you can do other than type the text. I had this problem before but my text was really really small because it was annotative and the scale was a small scale for some reason. When I tried to do a zoom extents the program would zoom for all the objects not just the text. Also are you creating a text box to paste in or are you just trying to paste without the MTEXT command active?

No, all text in this drawing is not Annotative, we try to stay away from Annotative text. What bother me is that when i paste this text to other drawing i don't have any problem, just for this particular drawing. i am just very curious and want to figure out why? I have to try to copy the whole drawing and paste on the new blank fresh autocad to see what happen.

Are you going to post a copy of the drawing or not? We don't need the whole drawing just enough to demonstrate the problem. You started this thread on October 9th and here it is six days later. We should have solved this mystery by now.

Are you going to post a copy of the drawing or not? We don't need the whole drawing just enough to demonstrate the problem. You started this thread on October 9th and here it is six days later. We should have solved this mystery by now.

Remark, I tried the method as you suggested, it works now, i copied the drawing to paste into the new blank autocad, then i copied text and paste into the layout and the text appear. I assume there is something going on with that drawing that caused the problem. sorry that i can not attach the drawing due to the company policy, i have been very busy lately and i just spent sometime after work hour to get back to the forum. Hope you understand. Really appreciate your guys help with this.

I've heard the "company policy" explanation so many times I can recite it verbatim. We understand that you cannot share an entire drawing but that doesn't mean you can't strip out the "top secret" content (heck, strip out the company title block and border too) and leave us with enough content to demonstrate the problem. Do you realize how much easier it is for us to help you if we have a drawing to work with? I still think we could have wrapped this up in far less time had you been more forthcoming. Anyway, if it is temporarily solved to your satisfaction then we're done here. Thank you for updating us.