block scale based on a setting within cad

drailed

I used to work at a company that had a command for inserting blocks and depending on some factor (i think ltscale) the block would come in the correct size. but if it was off the block would come in the wrong size. I think it was a lisp routine but now the main problem I am using 2013 LT, no lisp:( And I can not add the 3 party programs, company computer.

please help we use several size drawings here and they each have a differant dimscale. that would be good if the blocks were scaled based off the dimscale. but if not that s fine.

diesel

With LT you are limited to macros. This thread therefore should really be moved to the AutoCAD LT forum (hint to moderators).

Why?

The solution would most likely be a script or macro, which is the forum it is in.

Guess I missed the word MACRO! LoL

Still, the LT forum could use the business.

Maybe, we can wait and see where it goes, I would think some that know macros and scripts might not check in on the LT forum.

If annotative blocks aren't suitable then maybe post an example block with an idea of how it wants scaling, and indeed someone could help with a macro or script suitable as an LT solution.