Big Drawing and DXF format

darwindelacruz13

hello this is my first post here and it would be a question:)

so we are working on this new project. and its kinda big project. my problem is that the drawing is so big it's a 32mb drawing and my computer is not responding or freezes every time i save, go to other lay out or even just panning. can any one please suggest me what to do if you have encounter this kind of problem.. i already tried purge it made it a bit faster but still it freezes for about 30 minutes then respond again.

so i did some research and i don't know how i came up with the DXF file but right now im editing the drawing in this DXF file format. could i save it and open it again? also how would i send it if our project manager needed the CAD file, if i send this much smaller DXF file will they be able to open the drawing?

Any suggestion would help Thanks a lot.

my Computer Specs

4gb RAM

4gb ddr3 nvdia video card

Windows 8

3.3ghz computer speed

i3

Go here, and try method #2 to make a .DWG out of what you have now.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS22403

See if the file size goes down and it's more workable. (It won't hurt your existing file.)

it didn't help shrink down the size of the drawing but i think this is how i will send my dxf file so thank you still! :)

any other idea please?

also seeing your computer details sir. i think the problem is that, my computer is too slow?

Did you run the command line version of the PURGE comme (-PURGE) not the dash. Run this and get rid of the Rgapps as these can dramatically increase the file size.

As you did use the DXFOUT command, open a new drawing and use the DXFIN command and the purge.

it didn't help shrink down the size of the drawing but i think this is how i will send my dxf file so thank you still! :)

any other idea please?

Do you have access to dropbox or other file sharing app, and can you share this DWG so someone here can look at it in detail?

I'd suggest Mega, a new-ish cloud storage service that has a large amount of space free.

Can upload at 2-300kb/s.

Sorry if this sounds like a plug. :lol: