Beginners Issues with Inventor Project File

dti

I haven't used Inventor in about 4 years, and I tried to create a project in Inventor using the 2013 version, but once I created a project file a bunch of the original settings got messed up. I now can't open a drawing, assembly, or presentation from the home window that pops up. I can only use the drop down icon to open a part file. Also, because I can't access the home drop down menu I can't specify whether I want the project to be measured in metric or english format. I think that I may have deleted the source of these files, but I couldn't find them in my trash on the computer and I'm not very tech savvy. How can I reset my inventor to the original settings so I can actually use it properly again?

Thank you!!

The project file doesn't determine what's in metric or standard. That's in your individual templates.

It sounds like your new project file isn't pointing to the right location for the templates. What you need to do is go into the project, see where it's looking for your templates, and either change that to point to the right directory, or else put the templates in the directory that the project is looking at.

I tried that but I think the files were accidently deleted so I can't place them in the right place. I guess my new question is, how in the world do I get those files back without removing and re downloading everything? The files are also not in my trash on my computer.

Look here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Templates

(assuming you're on Windows 7, anyway, and using 2013)

If they really truly are gone, I guess I could send you copies of mine. I'd be really surprised if they were truly gone, though.