Window Colours

dbroada

Nearly all our drawings are done in model space with a black screen and my "Drawing Window colors|2D model space" dialogue box shows that scheme.

I have just opened a file done by one of our (recently no longer employed by us) draghtsmen and it has a :wacko: grey background and when I go to the dialogue box it shows as 3D parallel projection.

I have modified the colours of the 3D parallel projection to give me what I want but I would prefer to know how to get the file back to 2D model space. Any ideas? The fact this guy managed it on one file suggest that there may be others lurking. How did he do it in the first place. Most of his drawings are displaying how I want them to.

I'll try.

It took a long time to find the problem file (only one so far) and I had changed the colours applied. It is now stripped down and I have reverted to the colours previously applied. The part I am currious about is how the visual style has been set and how to change it.

BOL-12-GA-0001-03.dwg

I clicked on the viewport frame and changed the visual style from "as displayed" to "wireframe" and made the usual changes under Options > Display > Colors as well.

I never knew about the visual style setting. I have now got it how I want by calling VISUALSTYLES (or -VISUALSTYLES) and setting the style there. How he reconfigured this drawing in the first place will remain a mystery.

Thank you for helping me get to here.