Cursor colors

RBPrice

When I have two windows open and one of them is an orthographic view, the cursonr changes from tri-color to white in the orthographic view.

Is there a way to force the cursor to stay colored in the orthogrphic view?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I know what your talking about (though it doesn't seem to bug me) and I don't think there is. I'm running AutoCAD 2014 (never used 2013), so I'm not completely sure.

Thanks for the comment Kick-Ass -

My guess is that since AutoCAD is supposed to be a 2D program, the mono-colored cursor is what it has been since day one. And unless God decides to change it, and I doubt very much that she will, it will remain that way.

Cheers

Bob

The cursor can be changed to whatever color you like and can be set so that it is tinted for x, y, and z in options under the display tab. Click the colors button. The settings are there.

I don't think this is just a part of MEP. The color can be changed and there is a box to check for tinting for x, y, and z and can be done for all types of views. I would post a screen shot but I can't upload for some reason.

Not in my version of 2013. The cursors in 3D can be colored but not 2D

Methinks you may have overlooked something, as these options are also available in 2011... I highly doubt they'd have it available in 2011, 2012, remove it for 2013, and reinstate for 2014.

Building on RobDraw's instructions... In the Drawing Window Colors dialog, in the Context pane select '2D model space', in the Interface element pane select 'Crosshairs', then under the Color dropdown, check the box for 'Tint for X, Y, Z'.

I don't think this is just a part of MEP. The color can be changed and there is a box to check for tinting for x, y, and z and can be done for all types of views. I would post a screen shot but I can't upload for some reason.

No, you're correct that one can check the 'tint ...' box, but the one downfall (at least for older versions) is that the user cannot specify the colors for each tinted axis.

The screen shot looks just like mine - not surprisingly. But note that one can only choose one color NOT multiple colors as in the 3D mode. My template opens in 3D isometric mode with three colors for the cross hairs which are at 100%. When I open two views and change the second view to a 2D view like FRONT or BACK, the cursor lines change to white or whatever color has been selected but both cursor lines are the same. Possibly the rational is that it is not difficult to "see" which is the X axis vs. the Y axis so multiple colors don't matter. I think they do.

So I guess I am missing something here.

Bob Price

Yes, you are missing the "Tint for X, Y, Z" box. You cannot pick individual colors for each but you will see different colors for X and Y in your 2D view.