Skateboard model

Ursha

Hi there people,

I'm working on skateboard model at the moment and struggling to curve the board.

What applications shall I use.? Mesh is too complicated

Thanks

Last AutoCAD I used is 2006 and I think I could model with easy a skate board as a solid. With the newer tools in your Autocad it should be even simpler.

Anyway, this is how I would proced:

Draw the main shape, the top view of the board as a closed polyline. Extrude it but make it thicker.

Rotate the UCS with 90deg and draw the side view over the solid you previously extruded. Extrude this also, and make it long enough to traverse the top view.

Intersect the two solids.

I don't have CAD right now, I could post some images tomorrow, if my explanation is not good enough.

fuccaro's advise is spot on. The intersection of the two 3D objects will be your board. Use the Interfere command to visual it and pay attention to the option to retain the object that is created. I think the default is not to retain it.

If you're still having trouble then attach a drawing that contains your 2D geometry (top and side views) and someone here will take a shot at it. When they figure it out they'll post how they did it.

I would extrude a rectang that represents the rocker shape look at the board side on make it a bit wider than you need use rotate3d to flip it back flat looking down from top then draw a pline for plan shape and a rectang outside of it as well extrude the last two subtract the pline form the rectang you now have your punch die. subtract from board should look like a skateboard deck. I had to lift board of zero level to work properly. Move 0,0,0 0,0,50

Skatebaord.jpg