CAD Standards check with LISP

neth524

Hey

I was wondering if there was a way to perform a CAD Standards check and fix any issues through LISP routine upon opening and closing a file? This way drawings would always conform to the dws I have set up.

Thanks

Some stuff could be done like is text on the "TexT" layer, are objects on layerX set to "bylayer" but how would you know if a line is on a correct layer ? need more info about what is being done wrong.

... And a snippet from yet another recent thread:

This just adds to my motivation to roll my own AcCadStandards .NET plug-in (something I've been contemplating for some time), which instead of requiring a user to manually invoke the CheckStandards Command, would employ a user-defined XML file, with appropriate schema to allow a user to define specific layers, and annotation entity types (i.e., Text, MText, MLeader, etc.) and their respective Text Height, etc. so that one need only select an MLeader (for example), and change it's layer, and my plug-in would hook the ObjectModified Event to evaluate the entity per the user-defined XML settings and immediately modify the entity to _that_ layer's settings (i.e., existing layer, text height, oblique, etc.).

The simplest way of the lot is to do it right from the start set up your template with all the correct stuff, have some cheat objects nearby to use with the make current layer button, have your block library set right toolpalletes so stuff goes on correct layers. A real good one is a copy object lisp just looking for it you pick an existing object it sets everything then starts command.

I had a client billion $ company their Cad manager removed the menus and rebuilt all menus to be corporate stds there was no obvious line command you drew an object from the menu's so no matter what world wide office or contractor every dwg was identical and all information was on correct layers.

In a simple Architecture add on we did we adopted this approach if you drew a wall using our menu's it always went on the user defined layer & linetype & color etc.

• Like 1