Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

hi, i have read all the post on this issue, and i still am having problems. my problem now is typing the coordinates in the command line, after i put the number i press enter and it disappears, I've had this issue before. i don't know why it does that, but i even copy and paste the coordinate that was in the post, and it won't work. Help please.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all, 

Please assist with a sanity heck if you can, this is currently my start. my angles do not look like those in the diagram. Initially under units, under direction it defaulted to East which i changed to north. adding in the lots I see that the line is skew which makes sense being 2d south. but the lots appear to be straight down. 

Thank you for looking.

Olsen sub.pdf

• 3 months later...

Hello, I’m working on this project. I’m so glad I found this thread because I was having some trouble getting started. So far I’m almost done and I think it’s going well. I’m a little stuck on making the dimensions, I can’t seem to be able to make the arched and dash lines for the dimensions. If I could get some help I know this is old but if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

hello i am almost done with this project.  i am going to start working on the preparing to plot section my subdivision itself is done.  i was wondering if someone could look at it and give me their thoughts on the project.  also there are a couple of layers i think should be added because what they wanted you to put down didnt have a layer that fit so i added a couple of layers.  will that get me a failing grade?

Can a mod please delete the above post I didn't think about someone copying the file when I posted that and I do not see the option to delete.   Thank you very much and I am very sorry. 

1 hour ago, KOALAMILKER said:

Can a mod please delete the above post I didn't think about someone copying the file when I posted that and I do not see the option to delete.   Thank you very much and I am very sorry. 

I have removed the dwg file from your post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was lot 5, 6, 7 and 8 totally skipped? I'm SO lost - how? there's NO inFO

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 1:27 PM, clearlylost816 said:

Was lot 5, 6, 7 and 8 totally skipped? I'm SO lost - how? there's NO inFO

I'm pretty sure there is as I recall posting images of those lots.  See page 2 of this thread.  You will have to scroll down a fair bit to find the post.  But... even if there weren't images you do have the project instructions to refer to.

Edited by ReMark

I am following along with this project on here and it has been so helpful i dont really need much but what i do need help with is that AutoCAD2025 is missing the necessary fonts that are asked for in the text styles list. I was wondering if these fonts are somewhere to download or if they're not literally called "Roman Simplex" or "Roman Duplex".  Id really appreciate any help with this at all since my teacher hasnt responded to me and id like to get this project done as soon as possible.

image.thumb.png.71497d2e78a06961975d89e2c21b0794.pngThis is my drawing thus far, ive been skipping labeling things and ive gotten to the part of this packet named "Surrounding Area".  After entering all the trees, Im overthinking the layers involved.  i clicked several as i went and added them all to their respective layer, "trees save" or "trees remove", I was just curious if thats the correct way to go about it. Im really second guessing the expectations on the outcome here with labels, layers, how to know what size font to make each specific thing, things like that.  If anyone had a more finished example to share of the end result thatd be amazing.  Id like to have something to reference as i go along and check whether or not im even doing any of this right to begin with.  Thanks for anyone who helps i really appreciate it.  I hope the rest of these projects arent like this one, this has been like relearning english trying to understand these instructions on my own from PF 

Typically, one would create all the necessary layers first then, depending on what is being created, make that layer current.  Font sizes are called out in the project instructions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ReMark said:

Typically, one would create all the necessary layers first then, depending on what is being created, make that layer current.  Font sizes are called out in the project instructions. 

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate the advice. The fonts I found the names for and my layers are coming together as they should I think. I think I'm near the end here but I'm sure I'll be back as I've been referencing this post a ton, this has been immensely valuable for this project. 

I'm rereading the directions over and over just to make sure i got everything in the drawing that needs to be there.

The one question i definitely have is at the end of the instructions after moving the border block so it surrounds the plat map, it then says to use the zoom extents option so the entire drawing will fill up the screen.  At the very beginning of this im positive i set the limits of the drawing the that original rectangle size of 2000000,2000000.  Is this going to be an issue if i submit it like this, or am i overthinking it at this point. thank you for your help 

image.thumb.png.fdb65d452e0228b993423d67446863e7.png

No, it won't be a problem as long as the instructor is familiar with the project, which he/she should be.