lost snap mode to grid

netman

I can not get the cursor to snap to the grid in any size of grid.

Object snap works just fine.

I know I did something wrong, but what?

Any help is appreciated.

AC 12 Lt

2012 snap works in a command only, unless you have the sp installed. I think they. Added a snaplegacy or classic snap sysvars. With autocomplete on type *snap* to find it, I am not at a computer with AutoCAD.

Good call there rkent.

Strangely it doesn't even register in SYSVDLG,

but per your suggestion the autocomple provides

us with the name ... SNAPGRIDLEGACY. :beer:

Still not listed in SYSVDLG, but appears the default is 0, so you

should need to set it to 1.

Can't imagine how you might have accidentally changed that one though? :?

Do I dare ask why you are using snap to grid?

Schematic drawing?

ahh, just read some of your other posts.

I can tell you I turned off my grid in second CAD class back in '87 of the last century. There are faster techniques than counting dots for most stuff. Offset trim and extend along with direct distance entry should become very familiar techniques. Direct distance entry might be the best thing they added to AutoCAD. I think that was somewhere around the turn-of-the-century addition to the program.

Thank you gentlemen for the information. All is well again in the bayou country.

Taking a suggestion from here I made a template of all the things i use. Somehow I turned off the snap grid.

As for why i use it , it helps me put things into scale. I can not do scale well enough or even know how to get it right.

I use the Snap to grid feature to cheat.

Case in point;

I am working on a gear that mounts on eitehr side of a boat. the trailing ends of the two nets have to come past the the propellor while being towed in a straight line, But must just miss the prop when the boat turns sharply.

NOT being skilled as you all are....I cheat and use the grid system to determine real world angles.

* sort of like counting on one's fingers because one can not use a calculator... ha ha !!

Thank you all again. The screen shots work perfect for my skill level...Show-N-Tell.......