Palette docking/size problem

Not sure how my settings got screwed up, but I can't get them back into where I like them. I had my Layer Properties Manager and Properties pallets docked to the left side, and had the Layer Property Manager pop out at a specific height-(tall enough only to show the 10 layers in my drawings) so as to still be able to view most of the screen. Now, the palettes are 'locked' in height- (anchored to the left, but full window height), and I can not re-size it unless I un-dock...but when I re-dock, it goes back to full window height. Does that make sense?

I have no idea what changed/how.

Without having checked this, I believe that when you Dock it, that is the default behavior.

You might try getting it set up how you like it then lock whichever elements you want static and SAVE your workspace configuration.

Should you want to reconfigure it on the fly, you can do so by holding down the CONTROL button, and moving things or adding toolbars.

Presumably you are aware of the WORKSPACE LOCKING menu (padlock icon) in the lower right hand corner of your screen?

Has the PROFILE changed in your OPTIONS?

After playing with it for a couple of hours to figure out all the options and behaviors- I believe the problem is/was.. that originally my pallets were NOT docked to the side, and somehow had become docked- changing the height behavior. If I size them while floating in the center of the window, and then place them to the side- the desired height remains the same when I pull the palette out. I have now locked them (per your suggestion, thanks!) into place. Sometimes ACAD amazes me (in a bad way) that with so many options, sometimes the simplest ones don't exist- or aren't intuitive.

Thanks!