Materials Not Working when Rendered

nicolas

Hi,

While working on a first project in ACA 2012, I came upon an important issue. I want to assign materials from the Materials Browser to Selected entity like walls and floors and nothing happens through I am in Perspective/Realistic and next in Rendered Mode.

Is it due to the walls and slabs having pre-defined materials? Also I have another problem, the interior walls need be white and the outer walls need be beige. In Autocad, I use to attach the material to face using CTRL. In ACA what should I do?

Thanks in advance for Your help and advices. I really need them.

You need to apply materials through the Style Manager.

So for instance, you want to add a material to a Wall, go to Style Manager > Wall Styles > Materials Tab. Click the "Add New Material" icon to the top right. Click the "Edit Material" button just above the Add New Material icon, click the "Other" tab. This is how you add your Material and settings for that material. When you accept all changes, make sure under the "Material Definition" column you use the Dropdown menu to select the correct material for each Component you create.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I was able to change the materials for Wall. Actually the materials needs to be Paint - White for interior Walls and Paint - Beige for exterior Walls. Actually through succeeding in applying materials, it applies to the totality of the wall. I need to be able to apply a different material to the interior face of the wall.

Arch Project 01-02-02a Whie and Beige Materials.jpg

Then you need to create multiple Components. This is how you divide the wall up into different parts for you to utilize. So for instance, you would have two Components, one called "Interior" and one called "Exterior". Personally, I would create the interior component a gypsum board, and the exterior would be brick or whatever masonry I chose. Use standard dimensions, of course, then apply the materials of your choice.

BTW, Revit is much more suitable for this type of designing. :)

Thanks. You have greatly helped me in understanding a key concept without which I would have been spending hours applying materials without success. I have divided the 150 mm wide CMU wall into 2 components 75 mm each with different materials applied. I have also created a cop of the same wall with both component sharing the same materials for inner walls. Next issue which is even more complex is the first floor slab where the top of the slab which is within the perimeter wall being a FLOOR materials, the bottom of the slab within the perimeter of the wall being CEILING materials and the part or canopy outside the perimeter wall having three components namely the top being Cement Plaster Finish, the fascia being one color and the bottom/soffit being WHITE. Do you have an idea on tacking this?

Arch Project 01-02-02b Whie and Beige Materials.jpg

Thanks. I planned to divide the slab 50% above being concrete and 50% below being white. Also I hope to create a new style called Tiles some 10mm Thick with Tiles Material to the top Face. However, the configuration for the Slab seemed quite complex compared to wall. I would need your advice on how to set divide the slab thickness into the two parts to apply the two materials. I believe I have done an error with the wall setting with the two components with CMU1 component offset 075 and CMU2 component offset -150. However in creating wall, I do have access to set the width along with the height. Through it is working for my walls given that my width for all walls are 150 mm, what will happen if I enter a different width, say 100 mm or 200 mm? Your advice is most welcomed. Thanks in advanced.

Arch Project 01-02-02e.jpg

Slab Setting 01.jpg