First Autodesk Architecture 2012 Project

nicolas

Hi,

Attached you will find my first Autodesk Architecture 2012 Project and I am very stunned to discover that it was done in less than 1 hour. I am not proud of the elements which I found to be too crude and basic. To complete it, I want to know the HOW TO of inserting a three-steps leading to the entrance doors, add plinth wall, add columns (150x150), add grids and add concrete T-Beams (150 width, 300 to soffit of roof slab). With those I believe I can consider the project a completed one through much improvements remains.

Thanks for your inputs and helps.

Arch Project 01-01.dwg

You do know that Autodesk does have a decent selection of Styles that are pre-configured, right? This can greatly increase this floorplan into a bit more elaborate one. Do you know where to fine these styles at?

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

I have seen numerous designed windows, doors and so on on a different tool palette. Now that I have already placed the windows, is it possible to select all of them and automatically replaced them with one from the tool palette.

Furthermore I am still struggling with basic elements like concrete steps leading to the entrance doors, plinth wall, the first floor level walls ...

Your helps and inputs are much welcome.

Now that I have already placed the windows, is it possible to select all of them and automatically replaced them with one from the tool palette.
Click once on the Window, then in your Properties Palette, select any of the other's you've inserted into the drawing and it'll automatically update. :)

Thanks.

I have been able to successfully change all the windows, even effectively placed fanlight/top hung wndows + toilet + sofa and a few furniture. Sadly, there is no bed, wash hand basin, shower and dining table.

Do you know how I can add some of the missing architectural/structural elements i.e 450 mm high plinth, concrete step leading to the entrance doors ...

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Arch Project 01-02-01.jpg

Add the plinth by creating a new wall style.

Set the wall to a style that's closest to what you want, then select the wall right click. An options bar will appear towards the bottom of this will be something like "create new style and assign." A new dialogue box will appear. Give your style a better name on the"general" tab and add a new component in the "components" tab. This new component needs to be essentially the same as the existing one, but something like 25-50mm thick, topping off at 450mm above the base.

If you're got steps leading up to your front doors (TBH I'd probably just do these as 3D Solids/Mass Elements) you need to extend your walls downwards. Do this by seelcting your walls, right clicking, and choosing modify floor/roof line" followed by "modify floor line." You want an offset of of however deep your steps are (i.e. -300).

If you don't want to make your own furniture (you mentioned not having a bed or dining table), have a ganders in here (CADTutor)there's a number of threads dealing with places people can find 3D blocks to use.

dJE

Hi Danielis,

Thanks for your input. I have been working some of the missing elements using clues here and there. For example, I now have three sets of walls: plinth wall, ground floor wall and first floor wall. I have been able to do the steps through a little odd. I got additional blocks using Design Center.

I will try to do the same using your techniques. I would like to know why I am unable to apply materials to the wall or faces of the wall using CTRL. Also I need to have a bleam on top of the wall, column at the intersection, hard core filling below the concrete floor slab, decorative cornish to the slab...

I have seen little or no tutorials. Do you have any links available where I can get those missing lessons?

Here is the latest image of the project.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arch Project 01-02-02.jpg

Arch Project 01-02.dwg