which scale factor

jabastin

Dear xperts

Which scale i Should use for showing exact measurement on Paper

for ex- I draw a 6" line & Take a print It should be 6"on paper while measure........

Thanks lot...

Depends on what you're drawing. Is it a 6" long piece of wood or the luxury liner QE2?

That piece of wood could be represented full scale on a piece of paper that measures 8.5x11. The luxury liner could also be printed on the same size paper but you would have to plot it at a much smaller scale (maybe 1"=500').

Draw everything in model space at FULL size. Go to your layout. Determine the size of the paper you want to plot to. Create a viewport. Then you'll be able to determine what scale you'll need to use to be able to plot the object (the piece of wood or the luxury liner) on the sheet of paper you selected.

Yes...if you have a specific question or questions. And there is no need to call me "sir". I'm just a regular guy trying to provide a bit of help. OK?

If the object you have drawn is smaller than the size of the paper you are going to plot it on then scale your viewport 1:1. If the object you have drawn is bigger than even the largest size piece of paper you would be plotting to then the viewport will have to be scaled down until the object will actually fit on the paper. You can see the effect scale has on your object when you look at your viewport. No matter what scale is applied to the viewport keep in mind you want to plot from a layout. Layouts are plotted 1:1 (it is the viewport that is scaled and not the layout).