closed drawing without saving... can i recover

michael256

I'm sure we all agree that AutoSAVE should not be used as a substitute for regular manual saves. It's merely another level of protection, not unlike a seatbelt.... a bit of an annoyance, except when you need it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• ReMark

• nestly

• michael256

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unprofessional until disaster strikes and your boss wants to know why you had no plan in place for such emergencies. "But boss, that would be "unprofessional"! That statement would probably be enough to have you shown to the door. LoL

I use MS Access quite a bit. As soon as you enter a new record then move to the next entry the file is saved automatically.

Not too crazy about that feature with MS Access either. I am all grown up and know when to save my work.

If power went off right this second, I would have current drawings. I Use CTRL+S. If you rely on AutoSave and .bak, YOU would be the one with lost work, not ME.

I would show you the door for not saving properly, what disaster, YOU didn't save your file, that isn't a disaster that is being irresponsible, unprofessional and incompetent.

I will restate, I said leave them on if you prefer, but QSAVE (CTRL+S) is the ONLY WAY to insure a current copy of the file.

Upon closing a drawing or AutoCAD you are prompted to save the file/files as well.

I'm sure we all agree that AutoSAVE should not be used as a substitute for regular manual saves. It's merely another level of protection, not unlike a seatbelt.... a bit of an annoyance, except when you need it.

Precisely, no substitute for Qsave.

Never needed an AutoSAVE in my life, though. If you feel better, by all means use it. As I stated, the timer is reset everytime you Ctrl+S.

You're preaching to the choir here. Never had to rely upon an AutoSave to save my bacon and fortunately when I've had the occasional crash AutoCAD has had a recover file ready and waiting for me upon opening.

Not preaching to you or anyone else in particular, just seems there are those that misunderstand the function of autosave and .bak and how they operate.

Many DO believe, they need not use Qsave (Ctrl+S).