2k file size reduction

JURRASIC

I have been using Autocad 2002 for a long time. Over the years I have a drawing in which I save my special lines, blocks, north arrow, etc.

I have tried everything to make this file smaller, nothing works.

I have even coppied just 1 item and created a new drawing, pasted it in , purged, audited, wblocked and the file size stays around 3 mgs in size. I can't use my bag of goodies. Does anyone that has worked with the older cad versions have any helpful tips? icon9.gif

When did LW polylines come about? Didn't they supposedly result in smaller files? How many special lines, blocks, etc are in your file? Any images/pdfs/OLE's/xrefs? Try a select all and see how many items are therein. Some other ideas are to wblock each item out and combine them again. PURGE and AUDIT are good ideas, too. But you may have already tried those. I know you mentioned you like 2002...but several new features have come available in the last 10 years (versions).