Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

Ok, so Remark has again been very patient and has helped me through the possible breakdown. The reinstallation helped so much that i think i know what I am doing now. Again, thank you for your help.

You're entirely welcomed. :)

I do hope you were able to make significant progress after our extended conversation of last night. If you have further questions regarding this project return here and post them. Good luck.

well i was wrong. I really thought i had it. still stuck at the benchmark. am I suppose to draw the circle benchmark first, then the @113.66

I honestly thought that after we talked you would have literally plowed through all the linework including streetlines and property lines. You're still stuck back at the benchmark?

I started over with the layers and text styles. I actually made the benchmark, but it is in the middle of the screen. When I put in the 113......the crosshair just holds the line stiff, but i can move it left and right on the screen. I guess I am not understanding where to put the lines. I understand the list command, but when I see the 113.66.....I dont know where on the screen the line is suppose to go from the benchmark. on the benchmark, away from it, is it a boundary line, and if so where? I am trying to visualize the line on the screen onto where it is suppose to go.

Visualize this. North is at the top of your screen. East will be to your right. South will be towards the bottom of your screen while West will be to the left. The bearing for the line you are trying to draw is northwest.

I am not on my CAD computer at the moment. I'll have to switch over and take a look. At this rate, I am afraid, if you do not get the hang of this soon you will not make your deadline.

I can visualize the n/s/e/w, I just can't visualize the exact place from the benchmark it is suppose to go. man I really was confident I had this.

The benchmark is located at the intersection of the north streetline of SW Washington Street and the east streetline of SW Oleson Road. The line you are being instructed to draw will take you to the intersection of the west streetline of SW Oleson Road and the north streeline of SW Kensington Place. It is only a reference line to get you across the street (SW Oleson Road) to a very important streetline intersection where the real work of creating the subdivision property lines begin.

I can visualize the n/s/e/w, I just can't visualize the exact place from the benchmark it is suppose to go. man I really was confident I had this.

If you were looking at a clock imagine a line that goes from the center of the clock and passes through the numeral "11". That is the northwest direction.

ok, well the line is attached from the center of the crosshair and it is pointing down (stiff), and i place it around the 11 but the line just goes from the crosshair straight down. It doesnt even look like a boundary line. from the screen shots the line should have some angle on it.

OlesonVillageBenchmark.jpg

The yellow line surrounded by the red "cloud" is the one you are being instructed to draw. Since it is only to be used as a reference it would not appear in the final drawing.

Did you change the direction of East by any chance? You would have had to go to UNITS then click on the Direction button at the bottom of the window. At the Direction Control window you would have had to change the base angle from East to one of the other three main directions. I hope you did NOT change it.

nope the direction was right, and I wish they would say it was a reference line, and not a making it seem like it was a boundary line. i will try that

The instructions (page 5) clearly state that the point of beginning (POB) of this survey is measured from the benchmark and then it goes on to state the distance and bearing which you previously noted.

The next four lines you draw will be the boundary of the subdivision. They go in a counter-clockwise direction starting with the one on the west, then the north, the east and finally the south. The last line takes you back to your starting point.

OlesonVillageLots1-2-3.jpg

After you draw the subdivision boundary your next task will be to create lots 1, 2 and 3. This is covered on page 6.

Next comes the cul-de-sac (the upside-down lollipop) you see near the bottom of the above image.

i'll tell you I know i am missing something. the line draws straight down from the crosshairs, so it points south from the crosshairs. I must not of checked something on or off. this is weird.

Alright, here is what I am willing to do.

I will leave my CAD computer on with CADTutor on my browser and AutoCAD up and running with the Oleson Village project drawing open. If you run into a real problem, and it is not later than 7:45 PM (our time) you can call me. After that time I am not available and my computer will be shut down for the evening. My day starts way too early to spend half the night walking you through the remainder of the project. Good luck.

Time now is 7:00 PM.

• Like 1

i'll tell you I know i am missing something. the line draws straight down from the crosshairs, so it points south from the crosshairs. I must not of checked something on or off. this is weird.

Maybe you typed the bearing in as "S" for south instead of "N" for north.

Remember you are starting at the center of the benchmark and going northwest (up and ever so slightly to the left).

OK....we've talked once more and I finally hope we have you on the right track. Good luck and good night.

Time now is 7:37 PM

No matter how much i read, and no matter how many different ways I try to do the basic things......it still doesn't work. Off to Wyz Ant Tutoring. I have seen youtube video, autocad videos via autocad websites, I have an educational tutor from this forum helping me, but I just don't get it. Thanks for trying, and I hope to be back sometime after I get a tutor to help. There goes another $500+ out the window. I feel stupid. lol