AutoCAd Fields - Custom Viewport in Title Block

MRAKA

I am trying to create a viewport field so when you change the viewport scale, the title block will update. The only problem is that I when I scale to 1:500 its stating its 2:1.

As I am working with the unit scale "metres" andwhen I want to scale my drawing at 1:500 the command I use is z (enter) 2/1xp. But I want the viewport field to say 1:500 instead.

Please help as Im going mad!

Andrew

andwhen I want to scale my drawing at 1:500 the command I use is z (enter) 2/1xp. But I want the viewport field to say 1:500 instead.

Please help as Im going mad!

Andrew

and when I want to scale my drawing at 1:500 the command I use is z (enter) 2/1xp.

That would explain it.

Try z (enter) 1/500xp instead, so that you are NOT, in fact, setting your viewport scale to 1/2. :)

Dadgad,

In repsonse to your post, z (enter) 1/500xp doesnt work in drawings set in metres. it only works in Millimetres drawings.

Hi Mraka,

To put a good scale of your drawing, you have to explain at Autocad witch working scale your drawing.

That is how many mm with regard to this scale : (see table in below)

METRIC DRAWING SCALE TABLE.jpg

And just set scale factor in properties viewport in paper space or zoom and XP in object floatting space.

By

pascal

Real easy answer there is 1000mm in 1 metre so a scale of 500 is 1000/500 which equals 2 hence 1:2

I use this trick all the time click in a viewport have the viewports toolbar displayed the right box will display a number in this case just type 2 this will set viewport to a scale of 1:500 1:250 = 4 etc

Finally I think the post has gone off track its not how to set the scale rather how to get scale and add to a titleblock the value so need that the number that autocad returns where is this stored ? we are looking for 2

Ok did a dumpent on a viewport and it reveals a variable called "customscale" should be able to get at this via VL using a reactor or field should be do able, dont have a quick answer, help someone will try also.

Edited by BIGAL
dumpent

Real easy answer there is 1000mm in 1 metre so a scale of 500 is 1000/500 which equals 2 hence 1:2

I use this trick all the time click in a viewport have the viewports toolbar displayed the right box will display a number in this case just type 2 this will set viewport to a scale of 1:500 1:250 = 4 etc

Finally I think the post has gone off track its not how to set the scale rather how to get scale and add to a titleblock the value so need that the number that autocad returns where is this stored ? we are looking for 2

Ok did a dumpent on a viewport and it reveals a variable called "customscale" should be able to get at this via VL using a reactor or field should be do able, dont have a quick answer, help someone will try also.

You can create a new FIELD or edit an existing attribute to create a field, by double clicking it, then in the right click menu select INSERT FIELD.

Follow the image attached, and understand that the field will be updated (assuming the default FIELDEVAL setting of 31) automatically when saved, opened, regenerated, plotted or e transmitted. :)

What this won't do is display it as 2, I assume that change could be easily formatted in the Field expression box.

scale display field.jpg

fieldeval options.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

After a sleepless night I have finally worked it out!!

I just have to add *1000 in the formula.

The formula is:

1/1:5.0000:*1000

:)

• 8 months later...

Hi, Andrew.

Can you explain a little more how you used the formula?

I also work with meters as drawing unit. I wish that I appear in 1:1 scale of an attribute field as 1:1000.

Thank you.

Mateo.