My CAD is opening to the wrong templates and I can't switch it back.

Greg99

Hi, this is my first post, thank you for your help! I’m a student in a land surveying program, running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012. From the beginning of my course I’ve had CAD opening to my template; from the options, under the file tab, then template settings, I set all four of the subcategories to my template and the appropriate folders. My template is set with an engineering drawing scale. A couple weeks ago, I fired up CAD and it opened to a different template where it’s using an architectural scale. I checked my template settings in the options and they are the same. I closed CAD, reopened it, and have gotten the same result since then. When I open my drawings that I’ve been working on the scale goes back to engineering or if I manually open my template, it is an engineering scale as well. Is there another area that controls how CAD opens besides the options for templates settings? I really don’t understand how that could have been changed in the first place since we have always used our templates from the first week of class.

Thanks,

Greg

Go to your desktop shortcut icon for AutoCAD, right click, properties, Shortcut tab, look at the Target line, towards the right side there may be a "p/ xyzabc", that is the profile name set to use for that shortcut, change that to your profile name or make a copy of the shortcut and then edit.

rkent, thank you for your reply. The computer I use is in a lab classroom so many different people log onto it but I think that when I log on, it already sets the computer to my profile. Here's what my "target" line says though:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p ">"

So, are you suggesting?

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p/greg99 ">"

I'll look into getting an IT staff member to change this because only an administrator is able to do so.

Thanks again for your help,

Greg99

rkent, thank you for your reply. The computer I use is in a lab classroom so many different people log onto it but I think that when I log on, it already sets the computer to my profile. Here's what my "target" line says though:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p ">"

So, are you suggesting?

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p/greg99 ">"

I'll look into getting an IT staff member to change this because only an administrator is able to do so.

Thanks again for your help,

Greg99

This instead....

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p greg99

You may not want to change this considering the multiple users there, it may mess everyone else up.