Layout from design centre problem

guttersnipe

Hello, this is my first post so go easy on me!

When working with other drawings I've got into the habit of dropping in my layout using the design centre rather than copying the whole drawing into my template setup. Most of the time this works fine but every now and then my layout will be massively oversized with borders, tables and veiwports all over the place.

My viewport is about 20 times the size of the paper!

The paper size is fine and insertion units are set to 0 and I still can't find a solution.

The attached image shows roughly the problem I'm getting.

I'm using 2010 LT by the way.

Layout Problem.jpg

Cheers stykface, it was set to meters rather than millimeters.

Creating a template is not a lot of work. Take a drawing which you think is a good candidate for being your template SAVEAS > choose a name for the template, and then choose the file type on drop down list .dwt . Done deal. Then you can go into your OPTIONS > files > templates......... You may or may not want to choose it as your default Qnew template. I make tons of these for just about any eventuality on each job. It is great to have them as they provide a personalized and accurate baseline for your layers, dimstyles, text styles, leader styles, table styles, and just about anything else you think you might like to have ready, so that you hit your new sheet running.

Creating a template.JPG