windows in layout

bartymic

This is from the help files:

1. On the layout tab, double-click inside a viewport to make it current.
  2. Click Home tab ac.menuaro.gif Layers panel ac.menuaro.gif Layer Properties 1_layers_32.png
  3. In the Layer Properties Manager, select the global properties to override in the VP Color, VP Linetype, VP Lineweight, and VP Plot Style columns.

The assumption is that you are using Named Plot Styles. My only guess is that you set the layer override without actually being in a viewport. If that's true, just double click inside one to get the layer overrides for that viewport alone.

ok, actually i could override the layer. but i do not know how to turn off one layer, if i do it by turning off ON tab (lighting bulb), layers ,,disappear,, in both viewports. i hope that caused by the fact that ON tab is not for VP. unfortunately, i did not find correct way.

Try opening your Layer Properties Manager and look for the column with the heading VP Freeze. You have to be in the viewport you want to freeze a layer in when you use this method.

Are you asking me, telling me or just thinking out loud?

Have you tried looking at your AutoCAD Help file for further information? This is the topic heading:

Freeze Specified Layers in a Layout Viewport