A3 paper space to model space transfer (solidworks)

Arnie

I put some more thought into this on the way home from work yesterday. If you, or mainly your manager, would settle for writing out the sheets to seperate files I'd like to take a crack at this.

I also found out yesterday that DIMSCALE isn't the right system variable for the scale. DIMLFAC is.

Only problem for me at the moment is I have very little access to a machine running AutoCAD. I have no way of testing what I write.

I'd appreciate anything you can do. If that's the way to go so be it. regarding the testing I can test it myself .

Thanks for your help.

Arnie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arnie

• ReMark

• LibertyOne

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just right-click the Layout Tab and select Export Layout to Model or _EXPORTLAYOUT on the commandline.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you know a way to export all to the same modespace and next to each other?

I'm affraid I can't see the advantage of it over '' copy&paste'' the drawing on paperspace into modelspace one by one. Would you elaborate on it ? Thanks Arnie

You can insert one drawing into another pretty quick, so would probably depend on how many you had to do.

I was meaning use Export Layout to Model in response to the "settle for writing out the sheets to seperate files" mentioned here.

If you, or mainly your manager, would settle for writing out the sheets to seperate files I'd like to take a crack at this.

You can insert one drawing into another pretty quick, so would probably depend on how many you had to do.

I was meaning use Export Layout to Model in response to the "settle for writing out the sheets to seperate files" mentioned here.

I see. Some of the drawings can go up to 40+ pages long, that's the reason I'm trying to get something to speed up the process. Thanks for your help. Arnie