how to draw a perpendicular bisector.

Hi

I'm new to Autocad and have problem drawing a perpendicular bisector .

I have an oblique line and want to draw its perpendicular bisector .

Is there an easy way to do that?

I'll really appreciate it if you could help me .

thanks a lot

I will draw a line from an arbitrary point perpendicular (OSNAP mode Perpendicular) to that line and move it later to the middle (OSNAP mode Middle) of the line.

perpbis.gif

Regards,

Mircea

Edited by MSasu
Added an image

And I would turn on Polar Tracking, start the line command, pick the mid point and the Polar tracking would show me where the perpendicular was.

PerpBisec.jpg

@eldon: Please tell me, is there a way to use the Polar tracking solution if the target line isn’t the last added item in drawing?

Regards,

Mircea

I have my Polar Tracking set to Relative to last segment, and when you pick on the Midpoint of a line, it aligns itself to the line you have just picked, whenever it was drawn :D

Thank you for explanation. I think I missed something in my first try since it looked to work only on the last added segment. But work as expected now; so, have learned something new today. Thanks!

Regards,

Mircea

I use the tracking method usually, but another quick method to do this is to use _ROTATE, select the midpoint and then C for the Copy option and 90°.