Custom Paper Size: Wizard problem

RobD

I'm still running AutoCAD 2002. I have an HP Inkjet 7000 that is capable of printing borderless 13x19. I want to use it to print half-size sets - accurately scaled - of ARCH-D. i.e. borderless 12x18. I've named a plotter configuration "HP7000 Half-size" and I'm trying to use the Add-Plotter Wizard to set a custom paper size.

The Wizard will not accept the fact that the printer is capable of borderless printing. When I type in 12 height, 18 width, the Wizard tells me that this exceeds the available print area. When I try to set the margins to 0 on all four sides the Wizard appears to accept that change, but when I plot the actual print area is still listed at 17.22 x 11.68, and the drawing is cropped, printed with margins, and printed out-of-scale.

My work-around has been to print 24x36 pdfs and then print those onto a half-size configuration, which Adobe and my printer have no trouble with - except the scaling is not perfect.

Any thoughts on a solution?

I have accomplished this for my current employer by ensuring the my border size is just small enough to not get cut off by the printers margin. The thing that sticks out for me is your use of 12x18 and 24x36 papersizes. Our border (in paperspace) is set for a full size 22x34 and prints at a true half scale on 11x17, 1:1 on 22x24 and 1:2 on 11x17.

Daniel -

Thanks, I can see that you've found a good solution. I'll leave this thread open for a while just in case anyone has thoughts for using the full 24x36 "real estate". Call me greedy, but sometimes I like to cram my sheets full!

Rob

Daniel -

Thanks, I can see that you've found a good solution. I'll leave this thread open for a while just in case anyone has thoughts for using the full 24x36 "real estate". Call me greedy, but sometimes I like to cram my sheets full!

Rob

your issue may be solvable by setting up a custom paper size on your printer for 12X18 since its a non standard US paper size when it comes to printer defaults. Granted I have never done this so I don't know what if any troubles you may encounter.