Can't download the ObjectARX from Autodesk

Tharwat

hello everyone .

I have been trying to download the ObjectARX from Autodesk for a long time now and without a result , actually the download

finishes but when start installing the downloads it gives me the message ( I have attatched image )

Many thanks

Image.jpg

A google search of that file name brings up a couple hundred results, and just quickly looking down through them, I'd say you're not alone. Most of them are complaints about it not working, or not working with 2011, or various other problems. Sounds to me like the file may be corrupted and Autodesk hasn't gotten round to replacing it with a good one yet.

Thanks jack .

I did google for many times and downloaded two different versions for 2009 win 7 OS 62 and Cad 2010 Win 7 OS 32 and both of them are the same bad result .

That's really disappointing from Autodesk when they do not care about their products' users .

Regards.

@ Tharwat - for clarification, are you attempting to install the ARX SDK on your work, or home computer?

Do you have administrator permissions to install such files?

@ Tharwat - for clarification, are you attempting to install the ARX SDK on your work, or home computer?

Do you have administrator permissions to install such files?

Hi Renderman .

Yes I do have the Administrator Permission .

And the downloads interrupts by itself as you can see in the attached image in the first post .

Thanks .

According to the pic, the installation is incomplete, not the download... Hense my question.

Yes that's right , that's what I wanted to say .

Regards.

Have tried after downloading the file and before unzipping or doing anything with the file right click and select properties and click the unblock button.

Have tried after downloading the file and before unzipping or doing anything with the file right click and select properties and click the unblock button.

Having just moved to Win7 64-Bit myself, I forgot about that! :oops:

That was great Jeff H .

I did try it and finally succeed the process . thank you so much Jeff H .

And I found out that I have to download the MSI manually and now the ARX is fully installed .

Highly appreciated .

Tharwat

No problem,

Glad I could help and I think this would be a good reference for the other thread that looks like the OP is having the same problem.

If you mean the following thread , I can say that they should get the permission to proceed with the installation before they are going to face the problem

that I have faced ,:)

Anyway they should go ahead to the main drive of the PC and to properties and to Security Tab to get the allowance and after that they can

start with ARX installation .

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?61495-ObjectsARX