Syncing Callouts to Draing Notes

khunter2002

Is there a way to sync callout numbers to correspond with note numbers. When I add or delete notes in my drawings it takes to much time to update the callout number in the drawings. I need to figure out a way for the note and cooresponding callout to change at the same time.

Thanks

I don't fields will help in this case. What I am trying to do is update multileaders and notes at one time. When I have to change the note number in paper soace I also have to go into model space to change the multileader. I'm looking for a way to only have to make one change. See attachment

TITLE PAGE Layout2 (1).pdf

You would think that the world's most prevalent drafting software would have some mechanism for linking a note on a plan to a called-out feature in a drawing. It's something that happens in nearly every single plan I put together. I imagine the same is true for many many other drafters.

What SLW means by a "LISP" is a function or functions written in AutoLISP. If you have to ask, I'd say you aren't quite ready for that.

Welcome to the forums!

Is there a way to sync callout numbers to correspond with note numbers. When I add or delete notes in my drawings it takes to much time to update the callout number in the drawings. I need to figure out a way for the note and cooresponding callout to change at the same time.

Thanks

You can delete the callout number and replace the keyed note with "NOT USED". No sense going through all you are going through when one is no longer being used. Later when you need to add a callout you can re-use that number.