Can Autodesk Inventor Suite do the 3D Sectional View?

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

I do have a query though I have been straggling to do this drawing views in Inventor for quite sometime now.

Can Autodesk Inventor do a sectional 3D View in .idw? If so can you please guide me on how to do it... Appreciate any assistance.

I do want to create a sectional view without the need to cut may actual part drawing. I do want to show the cutting section only in the drawing template.

I have attached a jpg for reference.

Sectional 3D Drawing.jpg

Yes it can... when you are in the drawing environment select the place view tab and then section and choose your desired planes or what ever to cut the section.

Ah in an isometric view.. i am unsure. i'll have a quick go n see if i can get it to work.

The way i have been doing it is doing a section of a 2d view. and then projecting a view from there.... hope this gives you what you need.

Edited by rdharvey
found a solution

• 2 weeks later...
Did you manage to get the outcome you needed for your project?

Hi Rapper ROB,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did manage to get the 3D sectional view using the RAPPING TUTZ technique.

Thank you very much.