Properties window disappeared

lonedevil

Help please,

I have got back to Autocad 2008 after few months in which I did not use it. I open the program and find I can't get the properties windows up anymore: neither from the icon menu nor through the mouse icon.

How do I get it back? I need to constantly have it open to check objects proerties.

thanks

LoneDevil

Help please,

I have got back to Autocad 2008 after few months in which I did not use it. I open the program and find I can't get the properties windows up anymore: neither from the icon menu nor through the mouse icon.

How do I get it back? I need to constantly have it open to check objects proerties.

thanks

LoneDevil

type CH or CHANGE

Maybe it's off screen... try this

Hit Ctrl+1 to open the window, then hit Shift+Spacebar+M, use the arrow keys to move it on screen.

Nope I don't seem to get anywhere. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 12 years later...

i'm using plant 3D.

none of these things worked. nothing works.

autodesk has failed to produce an adequate product. 

17 hours ago, john smith said:

none of these things worked. nothing works.

autodesk has failed to produce an adequate product. 

I can understand your frustration. After 30 years, I am intimately familiar with the inadequacy of AutoCAD. Right now, for instance, I'm dealing with a plotter driver that crashes AutoCAD about half the time.

I would suggest that first you learn everything you can about the user interface. There are shortcuts and customizations that will make your work easier. I can open the Properties window by selecting an object, right clicking, and picking Properties from the pop-up menu. The advice here from 2008 is still good, as far as I know. If you still have trouble, tell us as much as you can about your installation and what you've done so far to solve the issue. And welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CyberAngel said:

I am intimately familiar with the inadequacy of AutoCAD. Right now, for instance, I'm dealing with a plotter driver that crashes AutoCAD about half the time.

Did AutoDesk write this plotter driver? If not I would not blame AutoDesk for this issue, to be fair. No software is perfect :(