Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

just taking it down to not confuse other people who have a different version of the test.

Edited by JonnaMcSki

They have us add it .....I think. They never call it anything specific. I think there is two sentients in the study materials about how to do it but I'm not certain it really isn't clear. They talk about the angle of repose but not the scale or whatever it is. I did get a ruff explanation from the teacher on how to build the square. But again, it was also a few sentences. The name he gave me when I searched  nothing about this ratio road scale thing came up. There are details in the original posts drawing that is not covered. The shading in the rectangle for example.

Edited by JonnaMcSki
didn't finish the sentence

2 hours ago, JonnaMcSki said:

Yes, But that feels supper illegal.

There is nothing illegal about sharing PDF files.  I have had students share project PDF files with me in the past.

It is referenced on Page 19 of the project instructions you posted, it states: "Ms. Capitano decides to keep the driveway and the house level at elevation 180. Her surveying company recommends an angle of repose of 1.5:1. Draw the driveway layout cut and fill in the lower-left corner of your drawing. Use the information listed here to show the new contours on both sides of the driveway. 1. Use Layer Offset (color yellow, linetype continuous) and Layer Cutfill (color green, linetype continuous). 2. Indicate the area to be cut using the ANSI31 hatch pattern at scale 25 and angle 45. Indicate the area to be filled using the AR-SAND hatch pattern at scale 5. Draw the hatching on Layer Details."  I believe you may have picked up the phrase "ratio rectangle" from a post by another student.  Once you referred to it that way then I started to do the same.  My bad for compounding the problem.  That means the close-up image of the driveway cut and fill (formerly referred to as the ratio rectangle) and the image where I demonstrate how to start the process of creating said cut and fill are correct.    

Edited by ReMark

I never questioned if there were correct. That is the area I was talking about when I mentioned the two sentences. The drawing you added most recently is a bit helpful. But Stil have so many questions about why and how. Cut and Fill brings no images or information about anything describing that when I search for that. I totally get that you are frustrated me too. I'm trying my darndest to find the answers on my own. This cut and fill just isn't clicking for me. Thank you for all the time you have put in to try to help. You are almost always able to help me. I just think, on this problem we are just not able to understand each other.  Thanks for trying.

Yes... Penn-Foster could have done a much better job of explaining how to create the driveway layout cut and fill. 

Did you look at the image I posted last?  Did you notice the white lines to the right and compare the emerging rectangle with the green rectangular box on the left?  Are you familiar with the AutoCAD SNAPANG command?  If not, view this video posted on YouTube.  This is how you start the process of creating the driveway layout cut and fill.

The teacher has reached out I was able to draw it. I don't understand what I drew. I will not be able to do this on my own. Yes, I did see the image you posted with the white lines; it did answer some questions. I still will not be able to translate this to the work place.

The video I cannot here this guy in the video there is too much noise static (guess he's not a drafter in sound engineering lol) and the cc is not available. But I didn't need it.

Thank for all your help.

So, you got written instructions from your instructor on how to draw the driveway layout cut and fill?  Can you post them here for future reference to other P-F AutoCAD students?  

Here they are:

You would be looking at a cross section of the driveway, in other words like and end view.  The driveway is the same width all along its length.  So, in our repose drawing the horizontal line in the center would be 80 feet wide. And then, we are generating the slope angle that would be on each side of the driveway.

Too bad the instructor doesn't know the meaning of the term cross-section when it comes to a road or a driveway for that matter.   

Edited by ReMark

Can someone tell me Why the 1+00 mark on the top of this graph is past the 1+00 line on the bottom of the graph?

I'm referencing the graph I posted below. 

Edited by JonnaMcSki

On 9/26/2012 at 6:05 PM, ReMark said:

Driveway Profile.PNG

Driveway profile.

Disclaimer: I did not draw this profile and if I did I might have done it differently.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to line the map of the driveway to the graph to get the points labeled at the top of the graph Like in the image above (plate 3). Is this the correct way to do this or am I supposed to find how many feet each mark is and mark the labeled points that way? Either way I have follow up questions?