Contraints and Importing Autocad Objects iin Inventor

nicolas

Hi,

I am new to Inventor and I will like to ask a few questions relating to constraint:

1. When selecting say two unequal circles for an equal constraint, I wish to know which circle in what context will be use as pattern to follow. Is it related to order of selection or rather location of the object or some other reasons?

2. There are four components forming a tyre-assembly and there are four such tyre-assembly to add to a main body. After assembling the first tyre-assembly, I wanted to copy-mirror the three remaining one. However the assembly contraint existing in the first one are no more in the three others. Are there ways to copy mirror and KEEP the assembly constraint.

3. What is the most recommended ways to use autocad items in inventor sketch environment? Copy-Paste or Import or any other ways and the autocad items are better as lines? polylines? regions? block?

Answers to those questions will be very helpful.

Thanking you in advanced,

Nicolas.

1. Order of pick - easy to test.

2. You might investigate iMates. For something this simple I would simple place the 3 additional instances and constrain.

3. Don't use AutoCAD items in Inventor.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. I will investigate into Imates.

For importing profiles from Autocad, I do understand the liability and problems underlying such operations. However, I do have a number of sections alredy prepared in Autocad that I need to re-use, extrude, make 45 deg and assemble in Inventor into doors and windows.

I am looking for the best way to do such operations as second-best solution to re-creating all of them in Autocad.

Regions? Block? One File Per One Block? Copy Paste from Autocad to Inventor? Open the DWG File in Inventor and Copy Paste to Sketch? Which one(s) is/are recommended?

Thank you in advance,

Nicolas.

Hi,

I do have a number of profiles already drawn in Autocad and I need to use and assemble them in Inventor - to form windows and doors. I want to know the ideal method of importing those autocad items into Inventor. The phrase "I am looking for the best way to do such operations as second-best solution to re-creating all of them in Autocad" is indeed a mistake. I meant "inventor" instead of "autocad".

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas.