tutorial Ch 6 in (Aubin 2011 Book) Keep hav to move pt cat in options.

DIW_HDsupply

Can someone explain to me why I keep having to flop the order of the "aubin" supplied steel catalog and the "AutoDesk" provided steel catalog in order to complete the tutorial. I've been doing this as a work around, because the correct pipe objects are not popping up.

I have already regenerated the catalog several times and both AutoDesk and Aubin's catalogs are loaded and moved to the top of the list in the OPTIONS -> Mep Catalog Tab -> Pipe section...

I'm at figure 6.33 in the provided online PDF. In order to continue I can't load one add then load the other.... (have book but prefer PDF)

Obviously something is conflicting to keep the two catalogs from working together like they are supposed to.... :cry: I am lead to believe this is how it SHOULD work.

Can someone PLEASE pont this NOB in the right direction. :cry: This is really distracting me from understanding this chapter.. and i know at this point I am going to have to re-start chapter 6 again, as I'm loosing focus on content.:cry:

Is there a way to temporarily COMBINE the two? I don't want to "contaminate" the stock "AutoDesk" content, and I need to get through this without self terminating.

Yup,

Sure did restart.. software.. then CPU, multiple times.

I even tried the migration button, thinking maybe that the Aubin file was a 2010.. but honestly... I don't have full grasp of what that does either.

I'm not sure if I haven't corrupted the "AutoDesk" 2011 catalog's at this point.

DIW

Any catalog that has gone haywire is an easy "Repair Options" fix so no worries. I would have to see exactly what's going on with it since it's third party. I have the 2010 book, not the 2011 and never used the tutorials so I can't recreate your scenario. Wish I could help. :(

Doh....

Ok,,, so lets talk "Repair Options" ... so I can at least rule that out... and befor we get started.. will this require administrative rights... cuz i don't have any...

DIW

Have a media disk, but the administrative rights.. not so much.. that's going to be pulling teeth with My Help Desk team... They don't just give that out unsupervised... Before I go down taht road.. I'd like to explore any other option....

FYI... 2011 saves in the 2010 format... you should be able to use and view my files... SHOULD.... acording to AutoDesk. AutoDesk is always honest... just not always forthcomming.

DIW

I do also have this installed on my home machine where i do have administrative rights.... so knowing how is a good thing... Knowledge is Power... so still would like to knwo how to "Repair".