CADalyst

Thank you RenderMan!

I'm not sure what for' date=' but you are [b']very[/b] welcome! :lol: lmao

[edit]

"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it" - Edith Wharton

If one interprets 'light' as 'knowledge' in this instance, I am but the mirror.

[/edit]

Cheers! :beer:

Edited by BlackBox

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• Lt Dan's legs

Note that the first setq is not required however :)

;; If there is a valid selection set:

(if [b][color=red](setq ss[/color][/b] (ssget "_x"
                   (list '(0 . "INSERT")
                         '(2 . "[color=black]BlockName[/color]")
                         '(66 . 1)
                         (cons 410 (getvar 'ctab))))) 

< snip >

Semantics... Would you personally use setq or not...?

I wouldn't, since it isn't needed in that position in that position in the code. Would you usually use surplus code? :P

I wouldn't, since it isn't needed in that position in that position in the code. Would you usually use surplus code?

Yep - I posted it, didn't I?

Then again, I'm just a hack, so it is what it is. Thanks for the lesson, mate.

No worries, was just an attempt at a joke emulating your comment :)

Lee, you've always been patient, and kind toward me... I asked for your honest opinion, and got exactly that.

I moved to another office building last night in advance of my team moving over today. I am in the office immediately adjacent the one pompous douche-bag nobody can stand. Upon my asking where our printers are going to be located post-move, the response from said douche-bag was "In the building." I *wonder* how he was passed up for CAD Manager...!? :roll:

I apologize for being rude; it had absolutely nothing to do with you. My bad, mate. :oops:

It's also a throwback (old habit) to older machines that only had a set number of allowed selectionsets, so you HAD setq and clear/localize it when finished.

It's also a throwback (old habit) to older machines that only had a set number of allowed selectionsets, so you HAD setq and clear/localize it when finished.

Alan, *if memory serves* the thread I linked to is where yourself, and Robert Bell patiently taught me that *Best Practice* to begin with.

Edited by BlackBox
Fat-finger typing

Alan, *if memory serves* the thread I linked to is where yourself, and Robert Bell patiently taught me that *Best Practice* to begin with.

For the above stated reason. Old computers can't always handle infinite selection sets.

Where is David Bethel when I need him?

For the above stated reason. Old computers can't always handle infinite selection sets.

Where is David Bethel when I need him?

The limit was 128 selection sets. I believe it was 2000 that found a work around but it would crash with unwind errors if you pushed it too hard.

I would think that newer release would still have a finite number that they can deal with. Just a very large number before you run out of stack addresses.